The seventh-placed Perth Scorchers look to continue their sensational homecoming and register their fourth straight win when they face the table-topping Sydney Thunder on Saturday night.
Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Thunder free Big Bash tips, predictions and preview – the home team has won six of the last seven games between the teams…
Scorchers vs Thunder Tips
Scorchers vs Thunder Match Details
?? Competition: Big Bash League
? Date: Saturday January 9
⏰ Time: 7.15pm AEDT
? Stadium: Optus Stadium
Scorchers vs Thunder Head to Head (last five matches)
The Thunder have won five of their last six encounters.
- 22/12/20: Thunder vs Scorchers
- 26/1/20: Thunder vs Scorchers
- 20/1/20: Scorchers vs Thunder
- 24/1/19: Scorchers vs Thunder
- 2/1/19: Thunder vs Scorchers
Scorchers vs Thunder Tips, Preview & Prediction
They may be second-last on the ladder and coming up against the team currently in first, but the Scorchers are currently favourites to beat the Thunder at Optus Stadium on Saturday night – and for good reason.
It’s been an explosive homecoming for the Scorchers, who have won their last three matches since returning to Optus Stadium, including an intimidating 86-run demolition of previous ladder-leaders the Sydney Sixers on Wednesday.
After a patient opening 10 overs, the Scorchers sprung to life, making 113 in the final 10 to produce a total of 183. Mitch Marsh was the player of the match as he blasted an unbeaten 57 from 27 balls, while Colin Munro fired his second half-century on the bounce.
The Scorchers then proceeded to rip apart the Thunder batting line-up, with Jhye Richardson claiming figures of 3-15 and Andrew Tye taking 4-20.
Meanwhile, the Thunder were also victorious in their last outing, conquering the Hobart Hurricanes by 39 runs to propel them to the top of the table.
Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales produced a fast start as the Thunder raced to 0-48 after four overs, but after losing four wickets in quick succession, they swiftly fell to 5-110 after 15. Alex Ross then delivered a powerful cameo with 44 off 33 balls to move the Thunder to a total of 167.
Nathan McAndrew, who was named player of the match, took the key wickets of openers D’Arcy Short and Ben McDermott in the fifth over, and from their the Thunder’s spin attack took over, with Chris Green and Tanveer Sangha each claiming two wickets, while Arjun Nair took one in his first game of the season.
It sets up what is set to be one of the most entertaining games of the season out west. Both sides are in tremendous form, but it’s been the home team who has had the advantage in recent H2Hs between these teams, and with Perth in literally scorching form right now with three home wins on the trot, we’re leaning with Mitch Marsh and co. to claim another big scalp on Saturday night.
Scorchers vs Thunder Stats
- The Scorchers are on a three-match winning streak
- The Thunder have won four of their last five matches
- The Thunder have won five of the last six games between the teams
- The home team has won six of the last seven meetings between the sides
- Shaun Marsh has scored the fifth-most runs (247) in BBL10 so far
- The Thunder have three players (Hales, Ferguson & Khawaja) in the top 10 for most runs in BBL10
- Tanveer Sangha leads BBL10 for the most wickets with 15
- Jhye Richardson is equal-fourth for most wickets with 13
Scorchers vs Thunder Best Bet