Gold Coast after their second win in a row face the winless Dockers on a Saturday night that’s full of promise.
Gold Coast Suns vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Fremantle have failed to kick over 70 points in their last six matches.
Gold Coast vs Fremantle Tips
Gold Coast vs Fremantle Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday June 27
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Gold Coast vs Fremantle 2020 Form
Gold Coast (LWW)
- R1: Gold Coast 29-76 Port Adelaide
- R2: Gold Coast 90-46 West Coast
- R3: Gold Coast 82-29 Adelaide
- R1: Essendon 63-57 Fremantle
- R2: Brisbane 81-69 Fremantle
- R3: Fremantle 41-70 Port Adelaide
Gold Coast vs Fremantle Head to Head (last five matches)
Fremantle have won seven of the 10 meetings against the Suns.
- R2 2019: Gold Coast 61-58 Fremantle
- R3 2018: Gold Coast 68-96 Fremantle
- R20 2017: Fremantle 90-67 Gold Coast
- R18 2016: Gold Coast 105-81 Fremantle
- R2 2016: Fremantle 100-126 Gold Coast
Gold Coast vs Fremantle Preview and Prediction
Gold Coast will be looking to get their third consecutive win of the 2020 season which could see them go top of the ladder.
The young Suns outfit dominated the Crows finishing with 13 more scoring shots and also 13 more clearances, promising signs considering Adelaide has some of the best midfielders in the competition.
The Suns managed to keep the Crows to one goal in the first three quarters.
Number one draft pick Matthew Rowell was yet again the best on the ground for Gold Coast finishing the match with 20 disposals, 10 tackles and two goals.
Fremantle continued their poor start to the 2020 season with a loss to top of the table Port Adelaide last week. The Dockers struggled to get the ball in their forward half, finishing with 21 less inside 50’s than the Power.
The Dockers will have to get a win on Saturday if they are to push for finals in this shortened 17 game season.
Nat Fyfe impressed for the Dockers with 23 disposals, 17 contested and a goal.
The Suns have been impressive in the last two weeks and I believe they’ll beat the Dockers to start the season 3-1.
Gold Coast vs Fremantle Team News
Gold Coast remain unchanged from the side that defeated Adelaide last week.
The Dockers name two changes with Caleb Serong coming in for his debut and Stephen Hill also coming into the side. Brennan Cox and Sam Sturt have been left out of the side because of injuries.
These sides last met in Round 2 last year which saw the Suns scrape over the line by 3 points.
Suns vs Dockers Stats
- The home side has won three of the last four
- Fremantle have won seven of the 10 meetings against the Suns
- The Dockers have failed to kick over 70 points in their last six matches
- Gold Coast are ranked 2nd in the competition for average kicks
- Sam Collins is ranked 1st in the competition for intercept marks
Suns vs Dockers Best Bet