The struggling Giants face the imposing Magpies on a must-watch Friday night.
GWS Giants vs Collingwood Magpies free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last time Collingwood started the season undefeated after four games was back in 2011.
GWS vs Collingwood Tips
GWS vs Collingwood Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday June 26
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: GIANTS Stadium
GWS vs Collingwood 2020 Form
- R1: GWS 105-73 Geelong
- R2: GWS 60-80 North Melbourne
- R3: Western Bulldogs 57-33 GWS
- R1: Western Bulldogs 34-86 Collingwood
- R2: Collingwood 36-36 Richmond
- R3: Collingwood 81-37 St Kilda
GWS vs Collingwood Head to Head (last five matches)
GWS have won four of the last five against the Magpies.
- PF 2019: Collingwood 52-56 GWS
- R18 2019: GWS 122-75 Collingwood
- F2 2018: Collingwood 69-59 GWS
- R2 2018: Collingwood 79-95 GWS
- R8 2017: GWS 102-99 Collingwood
GWS vs Collingwood Preview and Prediction
The Giants have struggled since the restart of the season with two disappointing losses against North Melbourne and the Bulldogs, games you would expect them to win.
If the Giants are to win on Friday night, they need to improve their efficiency inside 50, as they are only going at 50.9% so far.
GWS star, Stephen Coniglio continued his strong start to his 2020 season, finishing the match against the Bulldogs, with 24 disposals, 12 contested possessions and five clearances.
On the other hand, the Magpies had a convincing 44-point win against St Kilda where they dominated the clearances, having 11 more than the Saints and being clinical in the forward half at a rate of 60%.
Steele Sidebottom impressed for the Magpies finishing with 31 disposals, 11 of which were contested and a goal.
Collingwood has been very impressive this season starting with two convincing wins, I think they’ll continue that against the lacklustre Giants on Friday night.
GWS vs Collingwood Team News
The Giants are set to have two important inclusions with Toby Greene and Josh Kelly set to return on Friday night.
Collingwood could also possibly have two changes with Adam Treloar and Mason Cox likely inclusions for the match against the Giants.
These sides last met in the preliminary final last season which saw the Giants beat Collingwood by 4 points.
Giants vs Pies Stats
- GWS have won four of the last five against Collingwood
- Collingwood last started the season undefeated after the first four games in 2011
- Harry Perryman leads the competition with goals, kicking eight majors
- Jeremy Cameroon has kicked the most amount of goals for GWS every season since 2012
- The Pies have conceded on average 36 points so far this season
Giants vs Pies Best Bet