The $2 million Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m) will be run at the Gold Coast on Saturday, January 11 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Alligator Blood is going to take a power of beating in Saturday’s Magic Millions 3YO Guineas.
Magic Millions 3YO Guineas Final Field and Barrier Draw
Alligator Blood came up with barrier 11, however, the second, third and fourth emergencies have come up with gates 2, 3 and 4, and all runners outside that are likely to come in a bit.
The son of All Too Hard has won seven of eight career starts with his only defeat coming in the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas (1600m) where he was edged out in the last stride by Super Seth.
He’s won both runs this campaign and is clearly the one they all have to beat.
Godolphin filly Exhilarates aims for the Magic Millions double having won the 2YO feature in 2019.
2020 Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas field and barriers:
1. DUBIOUS Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – James McDonald (10) 58kg
2. ALLIGATOR BLOOD David Vandyke – Ryan Maloney (11) 57kg
3. HIGHTAIL Peter & Paul Snowden – Hugh Bowman (5) 56.5kg
4. DIAMOND THUNDER Mark Newnham – Joshua Parr (20) 56.5kg
5. EXHILARATES James Cummings – Kerrin McEvoy (8) 56kg
6. SUPERIUM Joseph Pride – Nash Rawiller (1) 56kg
7. KING OF HASTINGS Anthony Freedman – Damien Oliver (7) 56kg
8. PROFIT Chris Anderson – Glen Boss (15) 56kg
9. ELEVEN ELEVEN Gregory Hickman – Keagan Latham (21) 56kg
10. LEVIATHAN Peter & Paul Snowden – Tommy Berry (14) 56kg
11. STAR SURPRISE Michael Moroney – Damian Lane (19) 56kg
12. SCOUT Toby & Trent Edmonds – Tim Clark (16) 56kg
13. THE EXECUTIONER Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Luke Currie (12) 56kg
14. OH FIVE GLORY Peter & Will Hulbert – Larry Cassidy (18) 54kg
15. IT’S KIND OF MAGIC Brent Stanley – Brett Prebble (6) 54kg
16. HOWWONDERFULLIFEIS Tony Gollan – Baylee Nothdurft (a) (9) 54kg
17e. LET IT POUR Bjorn Baker – TBA (17) 54kg
18e. GALA MISS Kelly Schweida – TBA (13) 54kg
19e. DESIGNATED Kristen Buchanan – TBA (3) 56kg
20e. BADOOSH Matthew Dunn – TBA (4) 56kg
21e. BELLS APPROACHING Matthew Dunn – TBA (2) 56kg
Magic Millions 3YO Guineas Odds
Classy gelding Alligator Blood is an odds-on favourite with Ladbrokes which leaves all other runners in double figures for the Magic Millions 3YO Guineas.
Alligator Blood $1.80
Diamond Thunder $13
It’s Kind Of Magic $13
King Of Hastings $14
Eleven Eleven $21
Star Surprise $34
Let It Pour (1EM) $81
Designated (3EM) $151
Gala Miss (2EM) $151
The Executioner $151
Badoosh (4EM) $201
Bells Approaching (5EM) $201
Oh Five Glory $201
Magic Millions 3YO Guineas Tips
The David Vandyke-prepared son of All Too Hard has won seven from eight career starts with his only blip being a narrow 2nd placing behind Super Seth in the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas (1600m).
His form is undoubtedly the strongest and he’s proven at the distance which is a box many others haven’t ticked.
He looks the likely winner, but at $1.75, I’ve tried to find some value with a Place option.
The Joe Pride-trained Superium will be ridden by Nash Rawiller and is one at very enticing odds that is capable of running a big race.
He narrowly defeated Embracer first-up over 1100m and was then edged out by that galloper next time over 1200m.
Superium comes into Saturday’s assignment third-up and ready to peak, and he has recorded the strongest final 200m split of any of Saturday’s runners over a distance of 1300m to 1500m.
He clocked 11.16 for his final 200m at Randwick when 2nd in the Group 3 Up And Coming (1300m), and that performance rated 7.2 lengths better than average BM.
In comparison, Alligator Blood’s two best efforts to date were at Caulfield over 1400m and 1600m where he went 9.4 and 9.2 lengths better than BM.
If Alligator Blood is off his game on Saturday, Superium could be the knockout horse at $21, but at $5 for the Place, he represents great Place value.