The $1 million Magic Millions Cup (1400m) will be run at the Gold Coast on Saturday, January 11 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Magic Millions Cup Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Magic Millions Cup:
1. CRACK ME UP (NZ) Toby & Trent Edmonds – Jason Collett (9) 60kg
2. REDOUBLE Bjorn Baker – Craig Williams (20) 58kg
3. DEEP IMAGE Robert Heathcote – Robbie Fradd (18) 57.5kg
4. SAMBRO Chris Waller – James McDonald (15) 57kg
5. MONSIEUR GUSTAVE Darryl Hansen – Micheal Hellyer (11) 55.5kg
6. VEGA ONE Tony Gollan – Michael Rodd (14) 55.5kg
7. SCALLOPINI Steven O’Dea – TBA (16) 54.5kg
8. SMARTEDGE Peter & Paul Snowden – Tommy Berry (17) 54kg
9. CRUZE Barry Lockwood – Dale Smith (7) 54kg
10. USAIN BOWLER John Sadler – Luke Currie (10) 54kg
11. LOVE SHACK BABY David Pfieffer – Glen Boss (1) 54kg
12. CADOGAN Toby & Trent Edmonds – Matthew McGillivray (4) 54kg
13. OVER EXPOSURE Tony & Calvin McEvoy – Mark Du Plessis (3) 54kg
14. SHOGUN SUN Kelly Schweida – James Orman (6) 54kg
15. THE PARTY GIRL David Pfieffer – Jake Bayliss (late alt) (8) 54kg
16. ROMANI GIRL (NZ) Chris Waller – Kerrin McEvoy (13) 54kg
17e. ECHO JET Bjorn Baker – Tim Clark (19) 54kg
18e. PHOBETOR Michael Costa – TBA (5) 54kg
19e. SOFIE’S GOLD CLASS Debbie Newham – TBA (12) 54kg
20e. ZOOLOGY Brent Stanley – TBA (2) 54kg
Magic Millions Cup Odds
Deep Image and Vega One are the favoured runners for Saturday’s Magic Millions Cup with BetEasy.
Deep Image $4.60
Vega One $4.80
Crack Me Up $8.50
Usain Bowler $9.00
Over Exposure $19
Romani Girl $23
Love Shack Baby $26
Shogun Sun $34
The Party Girl $34
Echo Jet $34
Monsieur Gustave $51
Sofie’s Gold Class $51
Magic Millions Cup Tips
One that runs around at massive odds in the Magic Millions Cup is the Toby and Trent Edmonds-trained CADOGAN and the six-year-old can give them a scare.
The local hope is on the back up after finishing 3rd in a weaker assignment last weekend over the 1200m but tends to save his best for when he is third up and wasn’t too far away in this race last year.
In last year’s edition he was trapped out wide for much of the race before sticking on well for a narrow 4th to Redouble.
He has raced well without winning since then and drops 5kg on his latest run, while he has also drawn to get a nice time of it from barrier 4.
At the $51, he is well worth a throw at the stumps.