The $5 million All-Star Mile (1600m) takes place at Caulfield headlined by Alligator Blood on Saturday, March 14 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
All-Star Mile Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the All-Star Mile:
1. KOLDING (NZ) Chris Waller – Hugh Bowman (7) 59kg
2. BLACK HEART BART Lindsey Smith – Brad Rawiller (6) 59kg
3. FIERCE IMPACT (JPN) Matthew Smith – Craig Williams (12) 59kg
4. REGAL POWER Grant & Alana Williams – William Pike (3) 59kg
5. STREETS OF AVALON Shane Nichols – Ben Melham (11) 59kg
6. SO SI BON David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Luke Nolen (9) 59kg
7. MR QUICKIE Phillip Stokes – Damien Oliver (4) 59kg
8. STAR MISSILE Greg Eurell – Craig Newitt (2) 59kg
9. MELODY BELLE (NZ) Jamie Richards – Opie Bosson (5) 57kg
10. ARISTIA Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra – Dwayne Dunn (8) 57kg
11. ALLIGATOR BLOOD David Vandyke – Ryan Maloney (10) 56kg
12. DALASAN Leon Macdonald & Andrew Gluyas – Jamie Kah (13) 56kg
13. SUPERSTORM Grant & Alana Williams – Mark Zahra (14) 56kg
14. HEART OF PUISSANCE Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – John Allen (1) 56kg
15. FLIT James Cummings – Damian Lane (15) 54kg
16e. SPANISH REEF Ken Keys – (0) 57kg
17e. ADMIRAL’S JOKER Kylie Vella – Steven Vella (0) 59kg
18e. GOLD FIELDS Logan McGill – (0) 59kg
All-Star Mile Odds
Alligator Blood is the favourite for the All-Star Mile with Ladbrokes.
Alligator Blood $2.60
Melody Belle $5.00
Fierce Impact $10
Regal Power $11
Mr Quickie $13
Streets Of Avalon $31
Black Heart Bart $41
Heart Of Puissance $41
So Si Bon $61
Admiral’s Joker $81
Star Missile $126
Spanish Reef $126
Gold Fields $201
All-Star Mile Tips
When we look at peak BM figures, Fierce Impact and Streets Of Avalon have produced two of the four strongest figures in this race when going 15.2 and 15.1 lengths above BM.
Mr Quickie holds the second strongest BM figure in the race when going 15.9 lengths quicker than BM when finishing 3rd in the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m).
He was first-up on that occasion and was severely held up in the straight, and I have no doubt he would have gone close to winning with a clear run, and he would have posted a much stronger BM figure.
Stokes has given him two barrier trials in preparation for Saturday, and he also had two similar trials leading into the Makybe Diva.
Big race jockey Damien Oliver has been aboard in both trials and gets the ride on Saturday from barrier 4.
With any luck getting clear at the right time, I think Mr Quickie should have the right run and the powerful turn of foot needed to claim victory in this race.
For the record, So Si Bon holds the strongest BM figure in the race when going 17.6 lengths above BM when runner-up to Scales Of Justice in the Memsie Stakes.
As I said before, he can bob up when you least expect it, and considering he’s at his peak, he’s worth an each-way bet and comes up as my best roughie in the race.