A small field of eight runners will line up in the Group 1 Futurity Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield on Saturday, February 22 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Futurity Stakes Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Futurity Stakes:
1. KOLDING (NZ) Chris Waller – Glen Boss (5) 59kg
2. BLACK HEART BART Lindsey Smith – Brad Rawiller (8) 59kg
3. STREETS OF AVALON Shane Nichols – Ben Melham (7) 59kg
4. WILD PLANET Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – Dwayne Dunn (1) 59kg
5. KAZIO Colin Little – Brett Prebble (6) 59kg
6. CAPE OF GOOD HOPE (IRE) David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Damien Oliver (2) 58.5kg
7. MELODY BELLE (NZ) Jamie Richards – Opie Bosson (3) 57kg
8. SUPER SETH Anthony Freedman – Mark Zahra (4) 55.5kg
Futurity Stakes Odds
Very little separates Melody Belle, Super Seth and Kolding in the betting market at BetEasy.
Melody Belle $2.70
Super Seth $2.75
Black Heart Bart $19
Wild Planet $21
Strees Of Avalon $26
Cape Of Good Hope $26
Futurity Stakes Tips
Streets Of Avalon maps well here and looks ready to peak third-up.
His best runs in his last two campaigns have been third-up and fourth-up over 1400m, and in both third-up runs, he’s improved his BM performance by around five lengths.
Last start he went to 1400m second-up and sat outside the leader before taking over early in the straight and being collared just before the line.
That performance rated 12.7 lengths quicker than BM which is his best ever second-up run, and if he can spike again third-up and improve by around four or five lengths as he usually does, he can post a new personal best.
His best is already the highest rated BM performance in this field, and if he goes to a new level on Saturday, nothing will be able to match motors with him.
Jockey Ben Melham is great at rating horses from the front, and Streets Of Avalon looks like leading this field which should suit at Caulfield.