A small field of seven will contest the Group 1 Black Caviar Lightning (1000m) held at Flemington on Saturday, February 15 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Black Caviar Lightning Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Black Caviar Lightning:
1. REDZEL Peter & Paul Snowden – Kerrin McEvoy (1) 58.5kg
2. NATURE STRIP Chris Waller – James McDonald (5) 58.5kg
3. DESPATCH Tony & Calvin McEvoy – Luke Currie (7) 58.5kg
4. GYTRASH Gordon Richards – Mark Zahra (2) 58.5kg
5. I AM EXCITED David Pfieffer – Ben Melham (4) 56.5kg
6. TOFANE (NZ) Michael Moroney – Dwayne Dunn (3) 56.5kg
7. LOVING GABY Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Craig Williams (6) 53.5kg
Black Caviar Lightning Odds
Nature Strip is the odds-on favourite for Saturday’s CF Orr Stakes with Sportsbet.
Nature Strip $1.50
Loving Gaby $6.00
I Am Excited $46
Black Caviar Lightning Tips
Nature Strip has been installed the $1.50 favourite for Saturday’s Group 1 Black Caviar Lightning (1000m) at Flemington, and the fact is, he is under the odds.
He’s trialled sensationally twice in Sydney and has impressed Flemington trackwork watchers during the week with his effortless work.
However, on figures, he’s far from over the line yet, and Redzel is the one to beat him.
Despite racing as a seven-years-old last spring and as a six-year-old the season before, Redzel’s last three first-up performances, have rated 16.8, 15.5 and 17.6 lengths quicker than standard BM – so he’s ultra-consistent.
And at $7.50 compared to $1.50, I know which one I’d rather have a bet on.
Tactics will play a big part on Saturday, as will Nature Strip’s manners, and the one true consistent in this event is Redzel first-up over 1000m.