A capacity field of 18 will contest the Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100m) at Caulfield on Saturday, February 22 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Oakleigh Plate Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Oakleigh Plate:
1. BALL OF MUSCLE Joseph Pride – Glyn Schofield (13) 58kg
2. ZOUTORI Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra – Jamie Kah (2) 56kg
3. BIVOUAC James Cummings – Craig Williams (7) 55.5kg
4. FAATINAH David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Regan Bayliss (5) 55.5kg
5. BONS AWAY Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Jye McNeil (12) 55kg
6. CRYSTAL DREAMER Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra – Damian Lane (9) 55kg
7. TROPE Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – Dwayne Dunn (6) 52.5kg
8. ALL TOO ROYAL Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Michael Dee (10) 52kg
9. ANJANA Lindsey Smith – Zac Spain (17) 52kg
10. BOLD STAR Gordon Richards – Daniel Moor (8) 52kg
11. FINE DANE John Moloney – Beau Mertens (11) 52kg
12. HALVORSEN Robbie Griffiths – Dean Yendall (4) 52kg
13. HUMMA HUMMA John McArdle – William Pike (3) 52kg
14. MYSTYKO (NZ) Trevor Rogers – Dean Holland (16) 52kg
15. PIPPIE John & Chris Meagher – Ms Linda Meech (14) 52kg
16. ANAHEED Peter & Paul Snowden – Tim Clark (15) 51kg
17. I AM IMMORTAL Anthony Freedman – Damien Thornton (18) 50kg
18. FREE OF DEBT Chris Bieg – Craig Newitt (19) 50kg
19e. VAINSTREAM John Pascoe – Anthony Darmanin (1) 52kg
Oakleigh Plate Odds
Bivouac and Anaheed are the two favourites for the Oakleigh Plate with BetEasy.
Bold Star $15
Bons Away $23
All Too Royal $23
Ball Of Muscle $26
Humma Humma $26
Free Of Debt $26
Crystal Dreamer $51
I Am Immortal $51
Fine Dane $151
Oakleigh Plate Tips
Bold Star, a four-year-old son of Needs Further, has been flying this preparation as he’s won three from five and finished runner-up in the other two starts.
He really caught the eye flashing home from the rear last start when beaten 1.25 lengths by Anaheed in the Rubiton Stakes (1100m).
Anaheed ran 1:02.12 last start and considering that time would have won 30 of the past 32 Oakleigh Plates, it’s a time we can trust.
Bold Star ran the quickest final 600m (32.86), 400m (21.60) and 200m (10.84) of the entire meeting and he now drops from 58kg to 52kg while Anaheed drops from 54kg to 51kg.
Bivouac rates among my top three chances.
His first-up win at the track and trip last preparation was scintillating, and he then went on to defeat subsequent The Everest winner Yes Yes Yes twice.
Bold Star is ultra-consistent and has such a strong finishing burst he has to be rated on top.