The Group 1 All Aged Stakes (1400m) will be run at Royal Randwick on Saturday, April 18 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
All Aged Stakes Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the All Aged Stakes:
1. PIERATA Gregory Hickman – Tommy Berry (9) 59kg
2. SANTA ANA LANE Anthony Freedman – Tim Clark (1) 59kg
3. DREAMFORCE John Thompson – Nash Rawiller (8) 59kg
4. FIERCE IMPACT (JPN) Matthew Smith – Tom Marquand (7) 59kg
5. MISTER SEA WOLF (IRE) Chris Waller – Jason Collett (10) 59kg
6. OLMEDO (FR) Kacy Fogden – Kerrin McEvoy (13) 59kg
7. STAR OF THE SEAS (NZ) Chris Waller – Sam Clipperton (15) 59kg
8. WHITE MOSS Jason Coyle – TBA (14) 57kg
9. TOFANE (NZ) Michael Moroney – Opie Bosson (5) 57kg
10. FASIKA Joseph Pride – Brenton Avdulla (12) 57kg
11. BIVOUAC James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (4) 56.5kg
12. BRANDENBURG (NZ) John Sargent – Ms Rachel King (2) 56.5kg
13. SUPER SETH Anthony Freedman – James McDonald (3) 56.5kg
14. STANDOUT Gerald Ryan – Glen Boss (11) 56.5kg
15e. SYLVIA’S MOTHER Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – TBA (6) 57kg
16e. COSMIC FORCE Peter & Paul Snowden – TBA (16) 56.5kg
All Aged Stakes Odds
Three horses are under $5.00 for the All Aged Stakes with Ladbrokes.
Santa Ana Lane $4.20
Fierce Impact $14
Super Seth $18
Star Of The Seas $41
White Moss $41
Mister Sea Wolf $61
Cosmic Force $61
Sylvia’s Mother $81
All Aged Stakes Preview
Firstly, there is one alarming statistic with Santa Ana Lane and I’m more than keen to take him on here in my All Aged Stakes preview.
He always declines third-up, and in his last three preparations, he’s lowered his BM effort by an average of five to six lengths third-up.
Pierata on the other hand raised his BM rating fourth-up into this race last year, and last campaign, he improved his rating by nearly 10 lengths third-up.
He was charging late and probably peaked with 50m to go, and based on that run and his previous peak patterns, I’m convinced this is his target race, unlike others who had the TJ Smith Stakes or Doncaster Mile as their grand final.
Tofane finished better than Bivouac but was being held by Pierata, and she doesn’t appear to have any more upside while Pierata clearly does.
Dreamforce rates highly from the front, and Standout is a good rough hope at $19, but I can’t go past Pierata who was an impressive winner of this race last year and looks to be going just as well this time around.