The Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) will be held at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, March 14 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Coolmore Classic Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Coolmore Classic:
1. INVINCIBLE GEM Kris Lees – Ms Rachel King (16) 58kg
2. SWEET DEAL John Thompson – Nash Rawiller (9) 57.5kg
3. DAWN DAWN Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – TBA (10) 56.5kg
4. EL DORADO DREAMING Kris Lees – Jason Collett (4) 55.5kg
5. POHUTUKAWA James Cummings – James McDonald (6) 55.5kg
6. CON TE PARTIRO (USA) Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott – Tim Clark (5) 55kg
7. SYLVIA’S MOTHER Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – TBA (8) 55kg
8. DELECTATION GIRL (GB) Kris Lees – Andrew Mallyon (2) 54.5kg
9. NOIRE Chris Waller – TBA (14) 54.5kg
10. OCEANEX (NZ) Mick Price & Michael Kent (Jnr) – Michael Walker (11) 54.5kg
11. SPANISH WHISPER David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Tom Marquand (3) 54.5kg
12. MISS FABULASS Kris Lees – Kerrin McEvoy (12) 54kg
13. FIESTA Chris Waller – TBA (7) 53kg
14. SWEET SCANDAL Chris Waller – Robbie Dolan (a) (15) 52kg
15. BENITOITE Clinton McDonald – Andrew Adkins (1) 51kg
16. ACTING (NZ) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Jay Ford (13) 50kg
Coolmore Classic Odds
Sylvia’s Mother and Sweet Deal are the favourites for the Coolmore Classic at Ladbrokes.
Sylvia’s Mother $4.20
Sweet Deal $4.40
Spanish Whisper $11
Dawn Dawn $14
Con Te Partiro $16
Sweet Scandal $19
El Dorado Dreaming $21
Invincible Gem $26
Delectation Girl $26
Miss Fabulass $31
Coolmore Classic Tips
Dawn Dawn and Pohutukawa had the race run to suit last time – as did the other four runners coming through the Guy Walter, and if Sweet Deal can reserve some energy in the run this time, she should prove hard to run down with added fitness.
Race favourite Sylvia’s Mother comes through the Frances Tressady Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield where she went 10.5 lengths quicker than BM, and if she can run a strong 1500m, she looms as the main danger.
And while the BM performance rated high in the Frances Tressady, I have some concerns around that form, as well as Sylvia’s Mother being beaten as the $1.60 favourite at her only start at Rosehill in a BM88 last campaign.
Sweet Deal should be able to control this race from the front, and with a bit of upside to come, she’s the one they all have to beat.
Nash Rawiller is one of the best at rating horses out in front, and he has a great record with this mare having ridden her five times for four wins and a 3rd placing.
He jumps back aboard on Saturday and will rate her to perfection.