The Group 1 Coolmore Legacy Stakes (1600m) will be run at Royal Randwick on Saturday, April 11 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Coolmore Legacy Stakes Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Coolmore Legacy Stakes:
1. ALIZEE James Cummings – Glyn Schofield (16) 57kg
2. NETTOYER Wendy Roche – Glen Boss (8) 57kg
3. CON TE PARTIRO (USA) Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott – Tim Clark (10) 57kg
4. MISS SISKA Grahame Begg – Tom Marquand (1) 57kg
5. SWEET DEAL John Thompson – Nash Rawiller (2) 57kg
6. INVINCIBLE GEM Kris Lees – TBA (12) 57kg
7. DANZDANZDANCE Chris Waller – Opie Bosson (4) 57kg
8. NOIRE Chris Waller – Ms Kathy O’Hara (6) 57kg
9. POSITIVE PEACE Bjorn Baker – Adam Hyeronimus (17) 57kg
10. UNFORGOTTEN Chris Waller – Sam Clipperton (7) 57kg
11. MISS FABULASS Kris Lees – TBA (9) 57kg
12. SPANISH REEF Ken Keys – TBA (3) 57kg
13. AMANGIRI Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes – Brenton Avdulla (11) 57kg
14. POHUTUKAWA James Cummings – Joshua Parr (15) 57kg
15. DELECTATION GIRL (GB) Kris Lees – TBA (14) 57kg
16. FIDELIA Robbie Griffiths – TBA (5) 57kg
17. FUNSTAR Chris Waller – James McDonald (13) 54.5kg
Coolmore Legacy Stakes Odds
Funstar is the only horse in single figures with Sportsbet.
Miss Siska $13
Positive Peace $13
Sweet Deal $16
Con Te Partiro $17
Miss Fabulass $27
Invincible Gem $51
Spanish Reef $51
Delectation Girl $61
Coolmore Legacy Stakes Tips
Positive Peace is a winner and made it five in a row last time, however, the weight difference and potential upside for Noire and Amangiri has me leaning toward that pair.
Amangiri was first-up and went 6.5 length quicker than standard which is identical to her first-up figure last campaign.
Second-up she went 7.9 lengths quicker than standard and in her previous campaign she produced a lower BM figure second-up, so I’m not anticipating a big spike in performance.
Noire was disadvantaged most last start by the track bias and she now has the weight swing in her favour while also being fifth-up over a mile which is a strong recipe for success.
Noire also profiles extremely well in regard to peak patterns with her best performances coming at her fifth, sixth and seventh runs in a campaign.
The Chris Waller-prepared Noire ticks all the boxes when it comes to peak patterns, mapping, weight and form on rain-affected going.
I have her mapped four pairs back and one off the fence which should give O’Hara every chance to get out wide and work home best.