Shadow Hero and Castelvecchio clash in Saturday's Group 1 Randwick Guineas (1600m) and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Randwick Guineas Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Randwick Guineas:
1. CASTELVECCHIO Richard Litt – Kerrin McEvoy (12) 56.5kg
2. SUPER SETH Anthony Freedman – Mark Zahra (1) 56.5kg
3. MICROPHONE James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (14) 56.5kg
4. WARNING Anthony Freedman – Tommy Berry (2) 56.5kg
5. SHADOW HERO Mark Newnham – Joshua Parr (4) 56.5kg
6. BRANDENBURG (NZ) John Sargent – Ms Rachel King (11) 56.5kg
7. PRINCE FAWAZ Anthony Cummings – Adam Hyeronimus (3) 56.5kg
8. RELOADED Chris Waller – James McDonald (13) 56.5kg
9. KUBRICK Chris Waller – Brenton Avdulla (6) 56.5kg
10. PANCHO Chris Waller – Nash Rawiller (9) 56.5kg
11. CONQUEROR David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – Ryan Maloney (10) 56.5kg
12. THE HOLY ONE (NZ) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Michael Walker (8) 56.5kg
13. FORTRESS COMMAND Gerald Ryan – Jason Collett (5) 56.5kg
14. SIRMAZE Jason Coyle – Tim Clark (7) 56.5kg
Randwick Guineas Odds
Shadow Hero is favourite to win the Randwick Guineas at Ladbrokes.
Shadow Hero $4.60
Prince Fawaz $41
The Holy One $41
Fortress Command $61
Randwick Guineas Tips
Shadow Hero is chasing a second Group 1 having won the Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) from Castelvecchio, form that has to be respected given how the latter went on to finish second in Group 1 Cox Plate (2040m).
Richard Litt’s Castelvecchio, also a Group 1 winner having taken out the Champagne Stakes (1600m) over the mile as a two-year-old last autumn, was sixth in the Hobartville just 0.1 lengths behind Shadow Hero.
Both runners were first up that day and open to plenty of improvement in their second start of the campaign – none more so than Shadow Hero, who won second up in the spring in the Group 3 Gloaming Stakes (1800m).
Shadow Hero is the one to focus on, but don’t rule out another big run from Brandenburg at each-way odds.