The Group 1 Tancred Stakes (2400m) will be run at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, March 28 and Bettingpro.com.au provides you with a comprehensive guide to the race.
Tancred Stakes Final Field and Barrier Draw
The final field and barrier draw for the Tancred Stakes:
1. AVILIUS (GB) James Cummings – Hugh Bowman (4) 59kg
2. MUSTAJEER (GB) Kris Lees – Nash Rawiller (2) 59kg
3. DANCETERIA (FR) Kris Lees – Brenton Avdulla (7) 59kg
4. SOUTHERN FRANCE (IRE) Ciaron Maher & David Eustace – Tom Marquand (8) 59kg
5. MIRAGE DANCER (GB) Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young – Tommy Berry (1) 59kg
6. MUGATOO (IRE) Kris Lees – Kerrin McEvoy (9) 59kg
7. ANGEL OF TRUTH Gwenda Markwell – Glen Boss (5) 58.5kg
8. CARIF Peter & Paul Snowden – Tim Clark (3) 58.5kg
9. VERRY ELLEEGANT (NZ) Chris Waller – James McDonald (6) 56.5kg
Tancred Stakes Odds
Verry Elleegant is the clear-cut favourite at Ladbrokes.
Verry Elleegant $2.10
Mirage Dancer $12
Southern France $14
Angel Of Truth $26
Tancred Stakes Tips
Verry Elleegant and Avilius come through the Ranvet Stakes (2000m) having finished 2nd and 3rd respectively behind Addeybb, and this looks the right form to follow.
I questioned how forward Addeybb would be seeing his main target is the Queen Elizabeth Stakes, and I thought Avilius looked perfectly placed as he had the fitness advantage.
Verry Elleegant beat Avilius home by 5.3 lengths and ran quicker sectionals over the final 600m, 400m and 200m, and it’s hard to see that order reversing on Saturday.
Verry Elleegant should now be at peak fitness considering her peak runs have come fourth and fifth-up previously.
She’s two from two on Heavy tracks, and Rosehill is likely to be in the Heavy range with rain predicted on each day leading up to Saturday.
The quick back-up suits and she’ll take a power of beating.