Melbourne will be longing to head back into action on Sunday after their Round 3 match was postponed whilst Geelong will be eager to get a win after their disappointing loss to Carlton last week.
Melbourne Demons vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Geelong has kicked over 80 points all but one time against the Demons since 1988.
Melbourne vs Geelong Tips
Melbourne vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday June 28
⏰ Time: 3:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Melbourne vs Geelong 2020 Form
- R1: West Coast 78-51 Melbourne
- R2: Carlton 53-54 Melbourne
- R3: N/A
- R1: GWS 105-73 Geelong
- R2: Geelong 108-47 Hawthorn
- R3: Geelong 77-79 Carlton
Melbourne vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
Melbourne have won two of the last 17 matches against Geelong.
- R2 2019: Geelong 126-46 Melbourne
- EF 2018: Melbourne 75-46 Geelong
- R18 2018: Geelong 100-98 Melbourne
- R1 2018: Melbourne 94-97 Geelong
- R3 2017: Geelong 126-97 Melbourne
Melbourne vs Geelong Preview and Prediction
Although Melbourne didn’t get on the field last week against Essendon, they played an intra-club match on the MCG instead. This allowed Melbourne to get familiar with the ground again for their clash against the Cats.
In a fiery intra-club game which saw a few tussles, you can expect Melbourne to play a hard style game against the Cats on the weekend.
Melbourne will be looking for revenge after losing by a whopping 80 points against Geelong in Round 2 last year.
Geelong is fresh off their narrow defeat against the Blues last week. Geelong’s disposal efficiency let them down, going at 67%, but a positive was continuing to win the clearances finishing with 35 last week.
The Cats will have to try and limit the influence of Max Gawn out of the ruck, the last time these teams played he was influential winning 53 hit outs and getting seven clearances.
Mitch Duncan was best on the ground for the Cats finishing the game with 24 disposals and five score involvements.
Although Geelong lost against the Blues last week, I believe they will get over the line and get a win against Melbourne.
Melbourne vs Geelong Team News
Melbourne make five changes with Aaron vandenBerg, Jay Lockhart, Kysaiah Pickett, Michael Hibberd and Mitch Hannan all coming in with Alex Neal-Bullen, Harley Bennell, Luke Jackson, Nathan Jones and Neville Jetta all being omitted.
The Cats make three changes with Brandan Parfitt, Darcy Fort and Jake Kolodjashnij coming into the side with Harry Taylor, Quinton Narkle and Rhys Stanley left out.
These sides last met in Round 2 last season which saw Geelong dominate the Demons winning by 80 points.
Demons vs Cats Stats
- Geelong are 17-4 when playing at home as the favourites
- Clayton Oliver has led the last three matches against the Cats in disposals
- The Cats are ranked 1st in points scored this season
- Melbourne have won two of the last 17 matches against Geelong
- Geelong has kicked over 80 points all but one time against the Demons since 1988
Demons vs Cats Best Bet