Canterbury Bulldogs vs Manly Sea Eagles free NRL Round 16 betting tips, predictions and preview
Canterbury Bulldogs vs Manly Sea Eagles free NRL Round 16 betting tips, predictions and preview will be available when team lineups are announced.
Below is our previous head to head preview and predictions.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Tips
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Same Game Multi Tips
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Match Details
?? Competition: NRL
? Date: Friday September 11
⏰ Time: 6.00pm AEST
? Stadium: ANZ Stadium
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs 2020 Form (last five matches)
- R13: Storm 41-10 Bulldogs
- R14: Tigers 29-28 Bulldogs
- R15: Bulldogs 14-20 Warriors
- R16: Raiders 34-20 Bulldogs
- R17: Bulldogs 14-18 Titans
Sea Eagles (LLLLL)
- R13: Sea Eagles 22-26 Warriors
- R14: Knights 26-24 Sea Eagles
- R15: Rabbitohs 56-16 Sea Eagles
- R16: Storm 30-6 Sea Eagles
- R17: Sea Eagles 32-34 Tigers
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
Manly have won four of their last five encounters.
- 31/5/20: Sea Eagles 32-6 Bulldogs
- 4/5/19: Sea Eagles 18-10 Bulldogs
- 11/8/18: Sea Eagles 18-6 Bulldogs
- 20/8/17: Bulldogs 30-16 Sea Eagles
- 25/3/17: Sea Eagles 36-0 Bulldogs
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Preview and Prediction
Who will snap their six-match losing run when the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles collide to kick off Friday night footy?
Both teams, needless to say, have experienced disappointing seasons and will be hoping to end their respective campaigns on a positive note over the next three rounds.
Canterbury continue to plug away without much luck, losing to the Titans by four points last week in yet another game they easily could have won if they had more attacking spark.
The Bulldogs have only lost one of their last six games by a margin greater than 14 points, so they are hanging with teams, but as mentioned, they simply don’t have the creativity in attack to score enough points.
On the flip side, Manly have been scoring a solid amount of points over their six-game losing run, but their defence is extremely poor, conceding 26 points or more in all of those games.
That’s just not good enough at this level and the primary reason why they have gone from a strong top eight spot to out of finals calculations in the space of six weeks.
Manly simply aren’t the same without Tom Trbojevic and the harsh reality is their season was over the second he suffered another hamstring injury soon after the competition restart.
There’s absolutely no value in backing Manly in this one, so I’m happy to jump on the Bulldogs at home in what will likely be a very low-scoring game.
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles Teams
Mass changes to the Bulldogs backline, with Marcelo Montoya, Kerrod Holland and Kieran Foran out. Jayden Okunbor returns on the wing, with Reimis Smith coming back at centre and Jake Averillo slotting in at five eighth.
Abbas Miski and Cade Cust come into the Manly side in place of the injured Jorge Taufua and Josh Schuster.
Bulldogs: 1. Will Hopoate 2. Nick Meaney 3. Reimis Smith 4. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Jake Averillo 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Aiden Tolman 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Luke Thompson 14. Brandon Wakeham 15. Renouf To’omaga 16. Matt Doorey 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Dean Britt 20. Tuipulotu Katoa 21. Tim Lafai 23. Chris Smith
Sea Eagles: 1. Tevita Funa 2. Albert Hopoate 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 5. Abbas Miski 6. Cade Cust 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Danny Levi 10. Martin Taupau 11. Jack Gosiewski 12. Curtis Sironen 13. Jake Trbojevic 14. Lachlan Croker 15. Corey Waddell 16. Sean Keppie 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Haumole Olakau’atu 19. Luke Metcalf 20. Morgan Boyle 21. Ben Trbojevic
Bulldogs vs Manly Stats
- Manly have won four of their last five meetings
- Six of their last seven encounters have gone under the total points line
- Nick Meaney has scored a try in each of his last three matches in Sydney
- Manly has failed to cover the line in seven of their last eight night matches at ANZ
- Tevita Funa has scored a try in each of his last three matches with Manly as favourite
Bulldogs vs Manly Best Bet