A top four blockbuster awaits on Friday night when Parramatta Eels host Sydney Roosters in Round 9 of the NRL.
Eels vs Roosters Tips, Preview & Predictions
Parramatta Eels vs Sydney Roosters free NRL tips, predictions and preview – the Roosters have won the last four meetings between the teams…
Eels vs Roosters Tips
Eels vs Roosters Same Game Multi Tips
Eels vs Roosters Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: NRL
🗓 Date: Friday May 7
⏰ Time: 7.55pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Eels vs Roosters Head to Head (last five matches)
- 20/6/20: Roosters 24-10 Eels
- 29/3/19: Eels 18-32 Roosters
- 1/9/18: Eels 10-44 Roosters
- 14/5/17: Roosters 48-10 Eels
- 8/7/16: Eels 22-18 Roosters
Eels vs Roosters Preview and Prediction
Parramatta will be out to snap a four-match losing run against the wounded Roosters when the two sides meet in a heavyweight clash on Friday night at Bankwest.
Apart from an upset loss to the Dragons, the Eels have been perfect in 2021 and have 32 points or more in their last four victories.
The Eels have also edged reigning premiers Melbourne 16-12 at home this season, which should give them confidence for this encounter against another of the NRL’s juggernaut sides.
Having scored 113 points and conceded only 26 in their last three matches, the Eels couldn’t hope for better form heading into this showdown.
Meanwhile, the Roosters have been excellent since losing Luke Keary to injury, winning four of their five matches.
However, their rotten luck with injuries got worse last week as the club lost both Brett Morris and Lindsay Collins to season-ending ACL tears.
The Roosters still managed to crush the Knights 38-4, but they ran out of steam last season due to a crippling injury toll and they will do well to make sure lightning doesn’t strike twice in 2021.
With a strong recent record over the Eels, you certainly can’t rule them out in this one, but Parramatta won’t have a better chance to snap their losing run against the tricolours.
If Mitchell Moses can run the ship and play a consistent 80 minutes, the Eels should be emerging victorious.
Eels vs Roosters Teams
No changes to the Eels side that cruised past the Bulldogs last week.
Brett Morris and Lindsay Collins are both out for the season with knee injuries for the Roosters, while Sam Verrills is also sidelined for this clash with a semi-detached retina. Sitili Tupouniua is also suspended due to a shoulder charge.
Eels team: 1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Tom Opacic 4. Marata Niukore 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. Oregon Kaufusi 15. Shaun Lane 16. Haze Dunster 17. Bryce Cartwright 18. Joey Lussick 19. Keegan Hipgrave 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Jordan Rankin
Roosters team: 1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Ben Marschke 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley 14. Adam Keighran 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Fletcher Baker 17. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 18. Egan Butcher 19. Naufahu Whyte 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Joseph Suaalii
Eels vs Roosters Stats
- Roosters have won the last four meetings between the sides
- Eels have been restricted to 10 points or less in three of those defeats
- Eels have won seven of their eight games this season
- Roosters have won four of their last five games
- Eels have scored 32 points or more in their last four wins
- Eels have conceded 10 points or less in their last three wins
- Roosters have scored 32 points or more in three of their last four wins
- Clint Gutherson has scored a try in his last five matches
- Isaiah Papali’i has scored a try in four of his last five matches
- Sam Walker has scored a try in three of his last four matches
- Daniel Tupou has scored a try in three of his last four matches
- Maika Sivo has scored a try in his last three matches and two or more tries in three of his last six night games
Eels vs Roosters Best Bet