The Power will be determined to maintain their winning streak on Saturday when they face the Eagles, who have come off two disappointing losses.
Port Adelaide Power vs West Coast Eagles free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The away side has won eight of the last nine between these two clubs.
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Tips
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday June 27
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Port Adelaide vs West Coast 2020 Form
Port Adelaide (WWW)
- R1: Gold Coast 29-76 Port Adelaide
- R2: Port Adelaide 110-35 Adelaide
- R3: Fremantle 41-70 Port Adelaide
West Coast (WLL)
- R1: West Coast 78-51 Melbourne
- R2: Gold Coast 90-46 West Coast
- R3: Brisbane 74-44 West Coast
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
West Coast have won six of the last 10 against Port Adelaide.
- R5 2019: West Coast 53-95 Port Adelaide
- R21 2018: Port Adelaide 58-62 West Coast
- R7 2018: West Coast 102-60 Port Adelaide
- EF 2017: Port Adelaide 76-78 West Coast
- R16 2017: West Coast 88-120 Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Preview and Prediction
The Power faces their first real test of the season on Saturday afternoon when they face the 2018 premiers, West Coast.
Port Adelaide finished off Round 3 action with a comfortable 29-point triumph over the winless Dockers.
Port Adelaide have been strong in the middle of the ground this season averaging 37.3 clearances per match.
Travis Boak impressed for the Power against Fremantle finishing the game with 26 disposals, seven tackles, six clearances and a goal.
Meanwhile, the Eagles lost its second game on the trot against Brisbane last week. Since the restart of the 2020 season, West Coast has struggled to score only scoring 44 and 46 points in the last two weeks.
Nic Naitanui was dominant in the ruck-contest winning 34 hit outs, nine clearances, 12 contested possessions and a goal.
Port Adelaide have started the season as the best side in the AFL, I believe they’ll defeat a West Coast side that has been poor recently.
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Team News
Port Adelaide make one change to the side that beat Fremantle last week, Kane Farrell comes into the side for the injured Xavier Duursma.
After two losses in a row, the Eagles have named four changes with Jamaine Jones, Jeremy McGovern, Tom Cole and Tom Hickey all coming into the side. Jack Petruccelle, Josh Rotham, Oscar Allen and Will Schofield are all omitted.
Lewis Jetta and Jack Darling will play their 200th AFL game this weekend along with Brad Ebert, who will play his 250th.
These sides last met in Round 5 last season which saw the Power beat the Eagles by 7 goals.
Port Adelaide vs West Coast Stats
- West Coast have won six of the last 10 against Port Adelaide
- The last time Port Adelaide won the first four games of the season was in 2013
- Port Adelaide last kicked over 100 points against the Eagles in 2017
- Andrew Gaff leads the competition for disposals this season
- The away side has won eight of the last nine between these sides
- The last time West Coast failed to score over 50 points in three consecutive matches was in 2013
Power vs Eagles Best Bet