Preview the Max Purcell vs. Casper Ruud match with Western & Southern Open betting odds, match info and head-to-head-stats.
In Wednesday’s Round of 32 of the Western & Southern Open, Max Purcell, the No. 70-ranked player, will square off against Casper Ruud (ranked No. 7).
Purcell claimed a two-set victory over Lloyd Harris (6-4, 6-4) in his last match, which was in the Round of 64 on Tuesday. Ruud was defeated in three sets the last time he played, 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 versus Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the Round of 16 of the National Bank Open Presented by Rogers on August 10, 2023.
How to live stream on Bet365
- Sign-up with Bet365
- Make sure you have funds in your account
- Head to the ‘In-Play’ section
- Select an event with a video live stream icon beside it
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au. What are you prepared to lose? Set a deposit limit.
Max Purcell Recent Performance
- The 25-year-old Purcell, who is looking for his first tournament title on a hard court in 2023, is 9-4 so far this year on that surface.
- Purcell has played 24.4 games per match (24.4 in best-of-three matches) in 10 matches during his past five tournaments (across all court types).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages during his past five tournaments, Purcell has won 81.3% of his games on serve, and 17.7% on return.
- Purcell has converted 11 of 34 break points (32.4%) in his past five tournaments.
- Through 26 matches over his last 15 tournaments (across all court types), Purcell has played 25.7 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) and won 49.9% of them.
- Over his last 15 tournaments, Purcell has won 17.2% of his return games and 78.4% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Purcell has converted 34.5% of his break-point opportunities (38 of 110) over his last 15 tournaments.
Casper Ruud Recent Performance
- Ruud is 5-6 with zero tournament titles on hard courts this year.
- In 18 matches over his last five tournaments across all court types, Ruud has played an average of 28.6 games (22.2 in best-of-three matches).
- Ruud has won 82.4% of his service games over his last five tournaments, and 26.9% of his return games.
- Ruud has converted 43.4% of his break-point chances (66 of 152) over his last five tournaments.
- Ruud has played 42 matches in his past 15 tournaments across all court types, and 26.8 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches).
- Ruud has won 26.5% of his return games in his past 15 tournaments, and 81.8% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Ruud has converted 136 of 353 break points (38.5%) in his past 15 tournaments.
Western & Southern Open Info
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard