Preview the Maria Sakkari vs. Jessica Pegula match with WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023 betting odds, match info and head-to-head-stats.
The right to compete for the tournament title is on the line on Saturday, when Maria Sakkari hits the court to square off against Jessica Pegula in the semifinals of the WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023.
Sakkari is +200 to win the tournament (the second-best top odds in the field), while Pegula is +140 (currently the favorite to win).
Sakkari knocked off Caroline Garcia 6-2, 6-2 in the quarterfinals on Friday, which was her previous match. Pegula claimed a victory in two sets the most recent time she competed (on Friday), 6-1, 6-0 over Daria Kasatkina in the quarterfinals.
How to live stream on Bet365
- Sign-up with Bet365
- Make sure you have funds in your account
- Head to the ‘In-Play’ section
- Select an event with a video live stream icon beside it
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au. What are you prepared to lose? Set a deposit limit.
Maria Sakkari vs. Jessica Pegula H2H History (Last 5 Years)
|Matches||Sakkari wins||Pegula wins||Last Match Winner||Last Match Score|
|7||4||3||Sakkari||6-3, 4-6, 6-2|
Maria Sakkari Recent Performance
- Sakkari has won one tournament on hard courts this year, registering a 22-11 record on that surface.
- Through 11 matches in her past five tournaments (across all court surfaces), Sakkari has played 20.4 games per match and won 56.2% of them.
- Sakkari has won 36.4% of her return games in her past five tournaments, and 75.4% of her service games.
- Sakkari has converted 50.0% of her break-point chances (40 of 80) in her past five tournaments.
- Sakkari has played 37 matches over her last 15 tournaments (across all court types), and 21.6 games per match.
- Over her last 15 tournaments, Sakkari has won 72.5% of her service games and 35.1% of her return games.
- Over her last 15 tournaments, Sakkari has converted 138 of 317 (43.5%) break points on all surfaces.
Jessica Pegula Recent Performance
- Pegula, who has claimed one hard-court tournament victory this year, holds a record of 29-8 on hard courts in 2023.
- Pegula has played 21.1 games per match in 16 matches over her last five tournaments (across all court types).
- Pegula has won 75.4% of her service games over her last five tournaments, and 43.4% of her return games.
- Including all surfaces, Pegula has converted 72 of 140 break points (51.4%) over her last five tournaments.
- Pegula has played 21.4 games per match in 52 matches in her past 15 tournaments (across all court surfaces).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages in her past 15 tournaments, Pegula has won 70.4% of her games on serve, and 43.1% on return.
- Including all surfaces, Pegula has converted 234 of 468 break points (50.0%) in her past 15 tournaments.
WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023 Info
- Tournament: The WTA Tokyo, Japan Women Singles 2023
- Round: Semifinals
- Date: Saturday, September 30
- Venue: Ariake Tennis Forest Park Ariake Colesseum
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Court Surface: Hard