Brisbane target their fourth consecutive win and in the process try to inflict a fifth straight loss on Adelaide when the two sides resume their A-League campaign on Sunday.
Brisbane Roar vs Adelaide United free A-League tips, predictions and preview – only one of the last 25 A-League games between these teams have resulted in a draw…
Roar vs Adelaide Tips
Roar vs Adelaide Match Details
?? Competition: A-League
? Date: Sunday July 19
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
? Stadium: Cbus Super Stadium
Roar vs Adelaide 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 22/2/20: Roar 1-1 Glory
- 1/3/20: City 1-0 Roar
- 6/3/20: Roar 3-1 Wanderers
- 13/3/20: Roar 1-0 Mariners
- 20/3/20: Roar 1-0 Jets
- 14/2/20: Adelaide 2-0 Mariners
- 21/2/20: Wanderers 5-2 Adelaide
- 29/2/20: Victory 2-1 Adelaide
- 7/3/20: Adelaide 1-5 Western United
- 15/3/20: Adelaide 0-3 Jets
Roar vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
Brisbane aiming for first back-to-back home wins over Adelaide since 2010/11.
- 8/2/20: Roar 2-1 Adelaide
- 10/11/19: Adelaide 1-0 Roar
- 25/4/19: Roar 3-5 Adelaide
- 2/2/19: Adelaide 4-3 Roar
- 30/11/18: Adelaide 2-1 Roar
Roar vs Adelaide Preview and Prediction
Brisbane were on a three-match winning streak before the competition was suspended in March, but will they be able to continue that momentum after Robbie Fowler departed the club during the break?
Foundation player Warren Moon has been appointed as the Roar’s coach for the remainder of the 2019/20 A-League campaign, and he hasn’t wasted time bolstering his squad for what he hopes is an upcoming finals series, with Kiwi international and former Jets and Phoenix player Matt Ridenton joining the club.
It’s been an excellent season for the Roar in 2019/20, with the club on track for a finals showing – however, they have played two more games than both Perth Glory and Western United, who are four and eight points behind them in fifth and sixth respectively.
Brisbane have scored the third fewest goals in the competition – and they won their last two matches by 1-0 scoreline – but a tidy defence have seen them rise up the ladder.
Meanwhile, Adelaide were in a dramatic free-fall before the break, losing their last four matches and slipping to seventh on the ladder.
The Reds are still a great chance of playing finals football this season, but they face stiff competition from the Wanderers, Western United and Perth – along with Brisbane – to snatch one of the three remaining spots.
Adelaide’s last two matches before the shutdown were especially poor, with the club losing 5-1 to Western United and 3-0 to the Jets – and a fifth straight defeat on Sunday would set a new club record for the A-League.
With so long between matches, that form line can almost be wiped clean. However, I still like Brisbane in this one. They have been the more solid and reliable team all season, and if they can pick up where they left off, they should be too solid for an erratic Adelaide outfit.
Roar vs Adelaide Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Stats
- Adelaide have won four of their last five meetings
- Brisbane have won five of their last nine meetings at home
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in four of their last five meetings
- Only one of their last 25 A-League meetings have resulted in a draw
- Brisbane are on a three-match winning streak
- Adelaide are on a four-match losing streak
- Adelaide have conceded 15 goals in that period
- Adelaide have never lost five A-League games in a row
- Brisbane aiming for back-to-back home wins over Adelaide for the first time since 2010/11
Brisbane vs Adelaide Best Bet