Both Sydney and Brisbane will be searching for some consistency heading into the A-League finals when they face off on Monday night.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Sydney have won the last three A-League meetings between the teams…
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Tips
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Monday August 10
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: ANZ Stadium
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 13/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Mariners
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Newcastle
- 19/7/20: Brisbane 0-1 Adelaide
- 29/7/20: Victory 1-2 Brisbane
- 5/8/20: Wellington 1-1 Brisbane
- 21/3/20: Wanderers 1-1 Sydney
- 17/7/20: Sydney 3-1 Wellington
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Newcastle
- 1/8/20: City 2-0 Sydney
- 6/8/20: Adelaide 1-1 Sydney
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Head to Head (last five matches)
Sydney have won the last three A-League encounters.
- 31/1/20: Sydney 1-0 Brisbane
- 7/12/19: Sydney 5-1 Brisbane
- 7/8/19: Sydney 0-2 Brisbane (FFA Cup)
- 29/3/19: Brisbane 1-3 Sydney
- 8/2/19: Brisbane 2-1 Sydney
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Preview and Prediction
In what could be a finals preview, Sydney and Brisbane lock horns for the third time this season on Monday night at ANZ Stadium.
Reigning champions Sydney once again secured the minor premiership at a canter, but they’ve lost some form since the A-League restart, beating Wellington before going winless in their last three games, losing to the Jets and City before drawing with Adelaide.
The last time Sydney went longer without a win came back in 2016 and needless to say they will be determined to find their best form before the finals begin.
Adam Le Fondre found the back of the net against Adelaide (his 19th for the season) and is hoping to land the Golden Boot ahead of Jamie Maclaren.
Meanwhile, Brisbane are gunning for a top four position after a win, loss and draw since returning to action.
While they’ve been a much improved team this season, Brisbane have found goals hard to come by – they’ve scored the second-least in the competition, ahead of last-placed Central Coast, with Scott McDonald their leading goalscorer with just six.
There’s no doubt the Roar are a tough team to break down, but I get the feeling they’re going to need more firepower if they are to make an impact in the upcoming finals series.
Neither team are at their best right now, but Sydney have the better team and are certainly due a win. Happy to back the reigning premiers home in this one.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Stats
- Sydney have won the last three A-League games between the sides
- Brisbane prevailed in their FFA Cup clash at the start of the season
- No team has ever won four straight games in the history of this fixture
- The last time Sydney went four games without a win was in 2016
Brisbane Roar vs Sydney FC Best Bet