It’s shaping as a cracking contest as in-form Western United and Brisbane Roar square off in the A-League elimination finals on Sunday night.
Brisbane Roar vs Western United A-League tips, predictions and preview – Besart Berisha has scored nine goals in his last seven games…
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Tips
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Sunday August 23
⏰ Time: 6.00pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Brisbane Roar vs Western United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Newcastle
- 19/7/20: Brisbane 0-1 Adelaide
- 29/7/20: Victory 1-2 Brisbane
- 5/8/20: Wellington 1-1 Brisbane
- 10/8/20: Brisbane 1-1 Sydney
Western United (LWWWL)
- 2/8/20: Newcastle 1-0 United
- 7/8/20: United 5-3 Wanderers
- 12/8/20: Perth 0-2 United
- 15/8/20: Sydney 1-2 United
- 19/8/20: United 1-3 City
Brisbane Roar vs Western United (last five matches)
They’ve split their only two previous meetings at one win apiece.
- 13/12/19: Brisbane 0-2 United
- 16/2/20: United 0-1 Brisbane
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Preview and Prediction
It’s the blistering attack of Western United up against the steely defence of Brisbane in the second A-League elimination final on Sunday night at Bankwest.
United are in free-flowing goalscoring form after winning six of their last eight A-League games, registering shorelines of 6-2, 5-1 and 5-3 during that period, while they’ve also accounted for minor premiers Sydney 2-1 and fellow finals side Perth 2-0.
The experienced Besart Berisha has been the main man for United as the inaugural club searches for silverware in their debut season, with the Albanian striker scoring nine goals in his last seven games, including his last four straight.
Stopping Berisha and playmaker Alessandro Diamanti is key for Brisbane if they want to stop the rampant United outfit.
In saying that however, Brisbane have been the stand-out defensive team of the A-League, only conceding more than one goal once in their last 14 games.
But will a lack of an out-and-out goalscoring threat hinder them against United? Brisbane themselves have only scored more than one goal in two of their last 10 games and there’s a solid chance that won’t be enough if United continue their current form.
With just one win since the restart, Brisbane are the underdogs for me in this one. United have the form on the board and the goals to back it up. If Berisha fires again, watch out…
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Stats
- United have won six of their last eight games
- United have scored 23 goals in that period
- Brisbane have only won one in four since the restart
- Brisbane have only conceded more than one goal once in their last 14 games
- They’ve split their previous two meetings at one win apiece
- Both of those wins were to nil
Brisbane Roar vs Western United Best Bet