The Jets look to continue their unlikely charge towards the A-League finals when they face the struggling Mariners in the F3 derby on Friday night.
Central Coast Mariners vs Newcastle Jets free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Jets have won six of the last eight games between the teams…
Mariners vs Jets Tips
Mariners vs Jets Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Friday July 24
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Central Coast Stadium
Mariners vs Jets 2020 Form (last five matches)
Central Coast (LLLLL)
- 1/3/20: Western United 6-2 Central Coast
- 8/3/20: Central Coast 1-3 Wellington
- 13/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Central Coast
- 20/3/20: Central Coast 2-4 City
- 18/7/20: Perth 1-0 Central Coast
- 29/2/20: Newcastle 2-1 Perth
- 15/3/20: Adelaide 0-3 Newcastle
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Newcastle
- 23/3/20: Newcastle 2-1 City
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Newcastle
Mariners vs Jets Head to Head (last five matches)
The Jets have won six of their last eight encounters.
- 9/2/20: Newcastle 4-3 Central Coast
- 19/10/19: Central Coast 1-1 Newcastle
- 16/3/19: Newcastle 2-3 Central Coast
- 23/1/19: Newcastle 1-0 Central Coast
- 23/12/18: Central Coast 1-2 Newcastle
Mariners vs Jets Preview and Prediction
I get the feeling Newcastle have left their late-season surge just a little too late, but they’ve given themselves a small chance of qualifying for the finals following their dramatic victory over runaway leaders Sydney FC on Tuesday night.
Trailing 1-0 at half-time, it appeared as if the Jets season was over, but a pair of sensational second-half goals to Nick Fitzgerald and Kosta Petratos handed Carl Robinson’s team a big three points.
It was a brilliant performance from the Jets as they outplayed the reigning premiers on their own turf with some slick attacking football.
Robinson has supplied some spark to the team since taking over from Ernie Merrick, with the Jets winning four of their last five matches to become one of the form sides in the competition.
But it will all count for nothing if they can’t take care of the embattled Mariners on Friday night in Gosford.
Central Coast come into this encounter on the back of an 11-match losing streak after falling 1-0 to Perth on the weekend in their first match back from lockdown.
The club are set to collect their third straight wooden spoon and simply lack the class to compete with other sides in the A-League.
I think we can expect goals in this match-up, with the last game between these teams resulting in a 4-3 win to Newcastle.
The Jets suddenly have attacking weapons all over the park and if they continue in their current form, I can see them racking up a few goals in this one.
Mariners vs Jets Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Central Coast vs Newcastle Stats
- Jets have won six of the last eight games between the teams
- Both teams have scored in five of their last six encounters
- Scorelines of 8-2, 3-2 and 4-3 have occurred in three of their last six games
- Mariners haven’t beaten Jets at home in their last eight games
- Jets have won four of their last five A-League games
- Mariners have lost their last 11 A-League games
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in seven of the Mariners’ last eight home games
Central Coast vs Newcastle Best Bet