The Wanderers play their first game in three months when they resume their A-League season against last-placed Central Coast on Monday night.
Central Coast Mariners vs Western Sydney Wanderers free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Wanderers have won six of their last seven meetings…
Mariners vs Wanderers Tips
Mariners vs Wanderers Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Monday July 27
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Central Coast Stadium
Mariners vs Wanderers 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 8/3/20: Mariners 1-3 Wellington
- 13/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Mariners
- 20/3/20: Mariners 2-4 City
- 18/7/20: Perth 1-0 Mariners
- 24/7/20: Mariners 0-0 Newcastle
- 21/2/20: Wanderers 5-2 Adelaide
- 28/2/20: Sydney 0-1 Wanderers
- 6/3/20: Brisbane 3-1 Wanderers
- 14/3/20: City 1-1 Wanderers
- 21/3/20: Wanderers 1-1 Sydney
Mariners vs Wanderers Head to Head (last five matches)
Wanderers have won six of their last seven encounters.
- 2/2/20: Mariners 1-3 Wanderers
- 12/10/19: Wanderers 2-1 Mariners
- 20/4/19: Mariners 3-1 Wanderers
- 9/2/19: Wanderers 2-0 Mariners
- 7/12/18: Wanderers 2-0 Mariners
Mariners vs Wanderers Preview and Prediction
It’s a must-win game for the Wanderers as they look to remain in the finals chase when they face perennial battlers the Mariners on Monday night in Gosford.
Western Sydney are currently five points behind sixth-placed Adelaide but have two games in hand and a superior goal difference.
However, the Wanderers’ main rivals when it comes to securing finals football is likely to come in the form of Western United, who have also played 21 games but are four points ahead of them on the ladder following their 2-1 win over Melbourne Victory on Saturday night.
There’s no room for error as a result, and coach Jean-Paul de Marigny will view this clash against the Mariners as the perfect launchpad back into action.
Central Coast have already played two games since the A-League resumed, but they’ve failed to get on the scoresheet, losing 1-0 to Perth before a 0-0 stalemate against the Jets.
It’s been another long season for the embattled Mariners, but at least they snapped an 11-match losing streak with their draw against Newcastle.
Nevertheless, another wooden spoon is almost certainly on the cards for Central Coast, and they are again big underdogs in this clash.
With the likes of Mitchell Duke and Nicolai Muller raring to go after three months on the sidelines, the Wanderers should have too much firepower in a game that they absolutely need to win.
Mariners vs Wanderers Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Central Coast vs Wanderers Stats
- Wanderers have won six of their last seven meetings
- Mariners are winless in their last 12 matches
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in the last three games between the teams
- Both teams to score has hit in their last three encounters
- Wanderers won their previous two meetings this season, scoring five goals combined
Central Coast vs Wanderers Best Bet