It’s a must-win game for Adelaide as they attempt to secure a spot in the finals when they face Melbourne City in A-League action on Tuesday night.
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United A-League tips, predictions and preview – Adelaide have won the last two games between the teams by a combined 7-1 scoreline…
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Tips
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Tuesday August 11
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: ANZ Stadium
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 8/3/20: Perth 2-3 City
- 14/3/20: City 1-1 Wanderers
- 20/3/20: Mariners 2-4 City
- 23/3/20: Newcastle 2-1 City
- 1/8/20: City 2-0 Sydney
- 15/3/20: Adelaide 0-3 Newcastle
- 19/7/20: Brisbane 0-1 Adelaide
- 25/7/20: Wellington 1-1 Adelaide
- 30/7/20: Adelaide 5-3 Perth
- 6/8/20: Adelaide 1-1 Sydney
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Head to Head (last five matches)
Adelaide have won the last two encounters.
- 1/2/20: Adelaide 3-1 City
- 23/10/19: Adelaide 4-0 City (FFA Cup)
- 20/10/19: City 2-1 Adelaide
- 5/5/19: Adelaide 1-0 City
- 13/4/19: City 0-0 Adelaide
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Preview and Prediction
Adelaide compete in their last game of the regular season against City on Tuesday night and it’s essential they emerge triumphant to put themselves in the best possible position to make the finals.
The Reds are currently two points ahead of Western United in seventh position, but they’ve played two more games than their Victorian rivals.
A win on Tuesday would give them a five-point buffer, but regardless, if Western United win all of their remaining games, they will secure sixth spot.
But all Adelaide can do is control what’s in front of them. The Reds have been solid since the restart, going unbeaten in four games with two wins over Brisbane and Perth.
Meanwhile, City are attempting to lock down second spot on the ladder after beating Sydney FC 2-0 in their first game since March.
Jamie Maclaren was again on the scoresheet for City as he lifted his tally to a competition-high 19 goals for the season.
Kristian Opseth has scored in three of his last four matches for Adelaide and the Reds will be looking to the Norwegian to fire in front of goal again.
There’s tremendous value to be had with Adelaide in this one – they need to win, so expect an entertaining and free-flowing game with plenty of scoring opportunities.
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Stats
- Adelaide have won the last two games between the teams
- Adelaide prevailed by a combined 7-1 scoreline in those games
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in the last three games between the teams
- The underdog has won three of City’s last four games at ANZ Stadium
Melbourne City vs Adelaide United Best Bet