Brisbane look to snap a four-match losing run against the struggling Victory when the two sides clash in A-League action on Wednesday night.
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Victory have won their last four meetings, scoring 12 goals in the process…
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar Tips
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Wednesday July 29
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 22/2/20: Newcastle 1-1 Victory
- 29/2/20: Victory 2-1 Adelaide
- 7/3/20: Victory 1-4 Sydney
- 15/3/20: Wellington 3-0 Victory
- 25/7/20: Victory 1-2 Western United
- 1/3/20: City 1-0 Brisbane
- 6/3/20: Brisbane 3-1 Wanderers
- 13/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Central Coast
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Newcastle
- 19/7/20: Brisbane 0-1 Adelaide
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar Head to Head (last five matches)
Victory have won the last four encounters.
- 25/10/19: Brisbane 0-1 Victory
- 16/3/19: Victory 2-1 Brisbane
- 15/1/19: Brisbane 0-5 Victory
- 14/12/18: Brisbane 2-4 Victory
- 9/2/18: Victory 1-2 Brisbane
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar Preview and Prediction
Brisbane may have only won one of their last nine games against Victory and lost their last four, but they will be confident of coming out on top in this showdown at Bankwest on Wednesday night.
Victory are a far cry from the teams that have dominated Brisbane in recent seasons and are experiencing a nightmare season in 2019/20, coming into this fixture on the back of a three-match losing streak and above only Central Coast on the ladder.
Making matters worse, Victory lost star striker Ola Toivonen during the competition break, while Robbie Kruse is battling injury issues.
Victory have conceded nine goals in their last three defeats and haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 10 A-League matches, including in their 2-1 defeat to Western United on Saturday night.
Meanwhile, Brisbane are on course to feature in this season’s finals series, but they won’t want to get dragged back into the chasing pack, with the likes of Adelaide, Western Sydney and Western United all jostling for a spot in the top six.
Brisbane are currently in fourth spot with 35 points, one ahead of Perth in fifth, three ahead of Adelaide in sixth and five ahead of Western United in seventh – although the latter have two games in hand.
The Roar was on a three-match winning streak before the A-League was postponed in March, but they couldn’t pick up from where they left off after coach Robbie Fowler’s departure, losing to Adelaide 1-0 in their first match back.
It was a flat performance from Brisbane, but they should be better for the run ahead of this clash. Victory have nothing to play for and didn’t offer much against Western United.
With the chance to cement finals football, Brisbane have far more incentive to up the ante and get the job done here.
Melbourne Victory vs Brisbane Roar Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Victory vs Roar Stats
- Victory have won the last four meetings between the teams
- Victory have scored 12 goals in that period
- Brisbane have only won one of their last nine encounters
- Victory haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 10 A-League matches
- Victory are on a three-match losing run
Victory vs Roar Best Bet