The two sides anchoring the bottom of the ladder collide on Monday night desperate for one last win before the regular season draws to a close.
Melbourne Victory vs Central Coast Mariners free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Victory have won four of the last five games between the teams, but Mariners prevailed in their most recent clash…
Victory vs Mariners Tips
Victory vs Mariners Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Monday August 3
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Jubilee Stadium
Victory vs Mariners 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 29/2/20: Victory 2-1 Adelaide
- 7/3/20: Victory 1-4 Sydney
- 15/3/20: Wellington 3-0 Victory
- 25/7/20: Victory 1-2 Western United
- 29/7/20: Victory 1-2 Brisbane
- 13/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Mariners
- 20/3/20: Mariners 2-4 City
- 18/7/20: Perth 1-0 Mariners
- 24/7/20: Mariners 0-0 Newcastle
- 27/7/20: Mariners 1-1 Wanderers
Victory vs Mariners Head to Head (last five matches)
Mariners won their most recent clash 3-2 at the start of the year.
- 12/1/20: Mariners 3-2 Victory
- 14/4/19: Victory 2-1 Mariners
- 2/2/19: Mariners 2-3 Victory
- 11/11/18: Victory 4-1 Mariners
- 18/3/18: Victory 5-2 Mariners
Victory vs Mariners Preview and Prediction
Playing their last game of what has been another nightmare season, can the Mariners snap a 13-game winless run when they face Melbourne Victory on Monday night?
I quite like their chances and at these odds, I’m quite happy to back them home. Central Coast’s last win in the A-League came against Victory on January 12 and it was one of the most dramatic games of the campaign, with Matt Simon slotting home two penalties in stoppage time to hand his side a controversial 3-2 triumph.
Central Coast went on to suffer an 11-match losing streak, but since the competition resumed a few weeks ago, they’ve been solid – and dare I say more impressive than Victory, losing narrowly to Perth before claiming two draws with the Jets and Wanderers.
Meanwhile, Victory are currently on a four-match losing run, conceding 11 goals during that period, including a pair of 2-1 defeats to Western United and Brisbane Roar since the restart.
Victory lost their star striker Ola Toivonen during the lockdown and have been struggling to make an impact in attack as a result.
Both teams have nothing to play for, but this is the last game of the season for the Mariners and they haven’t been too bad in their last couple of games.
There’s no way to justify Victory being the heavy favourites given their current form, so I will going where the value is and backing the Mariners home.
Victory vs Mariners Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Victory vs Central Coast Stats
- Victory have won four of the last five games between the teams
- Mariners prevailed 3-2 in their most recent clash back in January
- Both teams to score has hit in their last seven meetings
- At least five goals have been scored in four of their last five encounters
Victory vs Central Coast Best Bet