Both Melbourne clubs are out of quarantine as Western United look to continue their finals push against the struggling Victory on Saturday night.
Melbourne Victory vs Western United free A-League tips, predictions and preview – United aiming for their third straight win over Victory this season…
Melbourne Victory vs Western United Tips
Melbourne Victory vs Western United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Saturday July 25
⏰ Time: 7.35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Melbourne Victory vs Western United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 15/3/20: Phoenix 3-0 Victory
- 7/3/20: Victory 1-4 Sydney
- 29/2/20: Victory 2-1 Adelaide
- 22/2/20: Newcastle 1-1 Victory
- 18/2/20: Seoul 1-0 Victory (Champions League)
Western United (DLLWW)
- 7/3/20: Adelaide 1-5 Western United
- 1/3/20: Western United 6-2 Central Coast
- 21/2/20: Wellington 2-0 Western United
- 16/2/20: Western United 0-1 Brisbane
- 1/2/20: Newcastle 0-0 Western United
Melbourne Victory vs Western United Head to Head (last five matches)
Western United won both of their previous meetings this season.
- 8/12/19: Western United 3-1 Victory
- 2/11/19: Victory 2-3 Western United
Melbourne Victory vs Western United Preview and Prediction
It’s a huge game for Western United as Mark Rudan’s side resume their quest to make the A-League finals in their debut season.
United have experienced an up-and-down season, starting strongly before suffering a mid-season lapse.
However, they were picking things back up again before the competition shutdown, demolishing Central Coast 6-2 and Adelaide United 5-1 to surge back into finals contention.
Out of all the clubs pursuing the sixth and last finals spot, United are the best positioned. They are currently three points outside of the six, but they have two games in hand over Adelaide and three games in hand over the eighth-placed Jets, who are in sensational form themselves.
It’s not do-or-die just yet, but United can ease a lot of pressure by recording their third win over Victory this season.
Traditional juggernauts Victory are enduring a nightmare campaign and things got worse during the break, with star marquee striker Ola Toivonen departing back to Sweden, while Robbie Kruse is also sidelined with injury.
With just five wins from 21 games, it’s been a season to forget for Victory, and one can only wonder if they even wanted to continue the campaign in their current position.
United have everything to play for, while Victory are depleted and would be forgiven for having no motivation to play this match. United represent great value as the underdogs and we’re backing them in for all three points on Saturday night.
Melbourne Victory vs Western United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Victory vs United Stats
- United have won both of their previous meetings this season
- United scored three goals in those two games
- Besart Berisha scored three goals in United’s two wins over Victory this season
- United have scored 11 goals in their last two A-League wins
- Victory have leaked seven goals in their last two A-League defeats
Victory vs United Best Bet