Newcastle play their final game of the A-League season against finals-bound Wellington on Thursday night.
Newcastle Jets vs Wellington Phoenix A-League tips, predictions and preview – Jets have only lost one of their last 11 games…
Jets vs Phoenix Tips
Jets vs Phoenix Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Thursday August 12\3
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Jubilee Stadium
Jets vs Phoenix 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Jets
- 23/3/20: Jets 2-1 City
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Jets
- 24/7/20: Mariners 0-0 Jets
- 2/8/20: Jets 1-0 Western United
- 17/7/20: Sydney 3-1 Phoenix
- 22/7/20: Perth 1-2 Phoenix
- 25/7/20: Phoenix 1-1 Adelaide
- 31/7/20: Wanderers 1-0 Phoenix
- 5/8/20: Phoenix 1-1 Brisbane
Jets vs Phoenix Head to Head (last five matches)
Phoenix have won three of their last four meetings.
- 24/1/20: Phoenix 2-1 Jets
- 30/3/19: Phoenix 4-1 Jets
- 7/2/19: Jets 1-1 Phoenix
- 21/10/18: Phoenix 2-1 Jets
- 17/3/18: Phoenix 0-1 Jets
Jets vs Phoenix Preview and Prediction
Wellington will be hoping to recapture their best form when they come up against one of the form teams in the A-League in Newcastle on Thursday night at Jubilee Stadium.
While Phoenix have been impressive all season and secured a spot in the finals a long time ago, they’ve not been at their best since the restart, winning just one of their five matches.
City has taken a stranglehold on second spot as a result, leaving Wellington with a must-win game here and needing to overturn goal difference – while also hoping for City to lose their last game – in order to reclaim second and book a place in the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, the Jets have looked a different side since Carl Robinson took over coaching duties, losing just one of their last 11 games.
It’s a shame that Newcastle’s form has come too late, because they would certainly be a dark horse in the upcoming finals series.
Since the restart, the Jets have beaten reigning premiers Sydney FC and the in-form Western United, along with a 0-0 stalemate with the Mariners.
In their last game of the season, I think the Jets can continue their fine form and beat a Wellington side that hasn’t been close to their best since the restart.
Jets vs Phoenix Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Newcastle vs Wellington Stats
- Phoenix have won three of their last four encounters
- Both teams to score has hit in their last two meetings
- Newcastle has only lost one of their last 11 games
- Phoenix have only won one of their last five games
Newcastle vs Wellington Best Bet