Western United continue their charge towards the A-League finals when they square off against Newcastle on Sunday.
Newcastle Jets vs Western United free A-League tips, predictions and preview – United are yet to score against the Jets in their two previous meetings…
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Tips
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Sunday August 2
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: McDonald Jones Stadium
Newcastle Jets vs Western United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 15/3/20: Adelaide 0-3 Newcastle
- 20/3/20: Brisbane 1-0 Newcastle
- 23/3/20: Newcastle 2-1 City
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Newcastle
- 24/7/20: Central Coast 0-0 Newcastle
Western United (LLWWW)
- 16/2/20: Western United 0-1 Brisbane
- 21/2/20: Wellington 2-0 Western United
- 1/3/20: Western United 6-2 Central Coast
- 7/3/20: Adelaide 1-5 Western United
- 25/7/20: Victory 1-2 Western United
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Head to Head (last five matches)
Western United have yet to beat Newcastle in their only two previous meetings.
- 1/2/20: Newcastle 0-0 Western United
- 16/11/19: Western United 0-1 Newcastle
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Preview and Prediction
Western United can go a long way to securing a spot in the A-League finals during their debut season if they can claim all three points against Newcastle on Sunday night.
It was a roller-coaster campaign for United before the break, with Mark Rudan’s team starting the season on fire before suffering a big dip in form.
However, they began to pick things up just before the shutdown, producing a pair of blistering performances to demolish Central Coast and Adelaide by 6-2 and 5-1 scoreline respectively.
United then registered their third win on the trot when they conquered Victorian rivals Melbourne Victory 2-1 last weekend in their first game back.
Max Burgess delivered one of the best performances of his career and scored what was ultimately the winning goal.
Currently four points adrift of sixth-placed Adelaide but with three games in hand, United are arguably the best positioned team to make the finals out of the chasing pack.
Meanwhile, the Jets are almost certainly out of finals contention after being held to a 0-0 stalemate by rivals Central Coast last week.
It was an extremely disappointing performance by the Jets considering they had toppled reigning premiers Sydney FC 2-1 to keep their season alive in their previous outing.
Nevertheless, the Jets are a much-improved team under the tutelage of Carl Robinson and have only lost one of their last 10 games.
It promises to be a tight tussle, with both teams in good form. United have more to play for, but the Jets have been rock solid lately. I’m backing a share of the spoils on Sunday night.
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Stats
- United are yet to score vs Newcastle in their two previous meetings
- Newcastle are undefeated in nine of their last 10 games
- United are on a three-match winning streak
- United have scored 13 goals in their last three games
Newcastle Jets vs Western United Best Bet