Neither Perth or Central Coast have tasted victory in their last five games - who prevails as both teams play their first A-League game since March on Saturday?
Perth Glory vs Central Coast Mariners free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Glory have won five of their last six encounters, while the Mariners are on a 10-match losing streak…
Glory vs Mariners Tips
Glory vs Mariners Match Details
?? Competition: A-League
? Date: Saturday July 18
⏰ Time: 5.00pm AEST
? Stadium: Central Coast Stadium
Glory vs Mariners 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 18/2/20: FC Tokyo 1-0 Glory
- 22/2/20: Roar 1-1 Glory
- 29/2/20: Jets 2-1 Glory
- 8/3/20: Glory 2-3 City
- 14/3/20: Sydney 0-0 Glory
- 23/2/20: Mariners 0-3 Sydney
- 1/3/20: Western United 6-2 Mariners
- 8/3/20: Mariners 1-3 Phoenix
- 13/3/20: Roar 1-0 Mariners
- 20/3/20: Mariners 2-4 City
Glory vs Mariners Head to Head (last five matches)
Glory have won five of their last six games, although Mariners claimed a win in Perth earlier this season.
- 31/12/19: Mariners 0-3 Glory
- 3/11/19: Glory 1-2 Mariners
- 7/4/19: Mariners 0-3 Glory
- 31/12/18: Mariners 1-4 Glory
- 25/11/18: Glory 3-2 Mariners
Glory vs Mariners Preview and Prediction
Perth are clearly the superior team and need to win in order to further cement their finals status, but there’s great value in backing the Mariners in this clash.
There’s no doubt Central Coast are the resident A-League battlers and they come into this showdown on the back of 10 consecutive defeats, conceding three goals or more in seven of those games.
However, they did earn a win over Perth earlier this season and with both teams playing their first match in four months, form might as well go out the window.
Throw in the fact that Perth have lost arguably the A-League’s best striker in Diego Castro due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Mariners are suddenly looking a juicy selection at these odds.
The hub situation both teams find themselves in also favours the Mariners, who have won three of their four games this season at Central Coast Stadium.
Central Coast have some solid players in their ranks, including Daniel de Silva, Milan Duric, Tommy Oar and Jordan Murray, and are equipped with the knowledge they can beat Glory this season.
Obviously Perth are favourites, but I think there’s superb value to be had with the Mariners and that’s what we’re looking at on Saturday afternoon.
Glory vs Mariners Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Perth vs Central Coast Stats
- Glory have won five of their last six meetings
- They’ve split their two previous matches this season at one win apiece
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in the last six games between these teams
- Perth have scored at least three goals in five of their last six meetings
- The both teams to score market has hit in Central Coast’s last four day matches
- Mariners are on a 10-match losing streak
- Perth are winless in their last five matches
Perth vs Central Coast Best Bet