It’s a rematch of last season’s Grand Final as reigning premiers Sydney FC take on Perth Glory for a spot in this year’s showpiece on Wednesday night.
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory A-League tips, predictions and preview – Sydney are on a five-game winless streak, but have only lost to Perth once in their last 15 meetings…
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Tips
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Wednesday August 26
⏰ Time: 8.10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Newcastle
- 1/8/20: City 2-0 Sydney
- 6/8/20: Adelaide 1-1 Sydney
- 10/8/20: Brisbane 1-1 Sydney
- 15/8/20: Sydney 1-2 United
Perth Glory (LWLLW)
- 30/7/20: Adelaide 5-3 Perth
- 4/8/20: Wanderers 1-3 Perth
- 8/8/20: Perth 0-4 Victory
- 12/8/20: Perth 0-2 United
- 22/8/20: Wellington 0-1 Perth
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory (last five matches)
Sydney have only lost one of their last 15 encounters dating back to 2016.
- 14/3/20: Sydney 0-0 Perth
- 23/11/19: Perth 1-3 Sydney
- 19/5/19: Perth 0-1 Sydney
- 18/4/19: Sydney 1-0 Perth
- 9/1/19: Perth 3-1 Sydney
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Preview and Prediction
Both Sydney and Perth have lost three of their last five matches, but find themselves one win away from contesting this season’s A-League Grand Final when they face off on Wednesday night.
It’s a rematch of last season’s title match, which saw Sydney prevail in a dramatic penalty shootout to deny Perth their first piece of A-League silverware.
Both teams were tracking along nicely before the pandemic caused the competition to shutdown for four months, but it’s been anything but smooth sailing since the restart.
Sydney are winless in their last five matches and have stumbled into the semi-finals on the back of defeats to the Jets, City and Western United, along with a pair of 1-1 draws against Brisbane and Adelaide.
Perth were on the receiving end of various thumping, including 5-3 to Adelaide and 4-0 to Melbourne Victory, but they lifted when it mattered most, battling to a 1-0 win over Wellington in Saturday’s preliminary finals.
However, if Perth are to go all the way this season, they will have to do something that no A-League side has done before – and that’s secure the premiership from the sixth seeding.
Neither side is in form, but it’s tough to go past Sydney. The Sky Blues have a tremendous record over Perth and you get the feeling they’ve been waiting for this game to come around for months.
It can be tough to flick the switch, but I’ve got confidence in Sydney to get the job done here and advance into another Grand Final.
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Stats
- Sydney are winless in their last five matches
- Both teams have lost three of their last five matches
- Perth have beaten Sydney just once in 15 games dating back to 2016
- Under 1.5 goals has hit in three of their last four meetings
Sydney FC vs Perth Glory Best Bet