Western United look to continue their blistering form heading into the finals when they challenge themselves against reigning premiers Sydney FC on Saturday.
Sydney FC vs Western United A-League tips, predictions and preview – Sydney have only won two of their last 10 matches…
Sydney FC vs Western United Tips
Sydney FC vs Western United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Saturday August 15
⏰ Time: 5.00pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Leichhardt Oval
Sydney FC vs Western United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 17/720: Sydney 3-1 Wellington
- 21/7/20: Sydney 1-2 Newcastle
- 1/8/20: City 2-0 Sydney
- 6/8/20: Adelaide 1-1 Sydney
- 10/8/20: Brisbane 1-1 Sydney
- 7/3/20: Adelaide 1-5 United
- 25/720: Victory 1-2 United
- 2/8/20: Newcastle 1-0 United
- 7/8/20: United 5-3 Wanderers
- 12/8/20: Perth 0-2 United
Sydney FC vs Western United (last five matches)
Sydney won their only previous meeting last year.
- 1/12/19: United 0-2 Sydney
Sydney FC vs Western United Preview and Prediction
Western United will be hoping to continue their winning momentum and take the scalp of minor premiers and reigning champions Sydney on Saturday.
United are arguably the form team of the competition, winning five of their six games and riding a tidal wave of momentum into their first A-League finals series.
Mark Rudan’s side demolished the Mariners and Adelaide by 6-2 and 5-1 scoreline before the A-League shutdown and have resumed with three wins from four matches, including a 5-3 triumph over the Wanderers and 2-0 win over Perth.
Besart Berisha has tons of experience in the A-League finals and he’s warming up nicely for another big campaign after netting a double against Perth.
Meanwhile, Sydney is limping into their upcoming premiership defence, winning just two of their last 10 games and going winless in their last four.
It’s understandable Sydney would take their foot off the pedal after securing the minor premiership weeks ago, but it’s tough to automatically switch back on for the finals, so they will be desperate for a win in their last game of the regular season.
Given the circumstances, it’s a tough match to predict. United are in far better form, but with their spot in the finals all but assured, there’s a chance their intensity might slip.
It’s a 50-50 match for me, so I’m happy to back United home as the underdogs.
Sydney FC vs Western United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Sydney FC vs Western United Stats
- Sydney won the only previous clash between these teams in December
- Both teams to score has hit in five of Sydney’s last six A-League matches
- United have won five of their last six matches
- United have scored 5+ goals in three of those wins
- Sydney have only won two of their last 10 matches
Sydney FC vs Western United Best Bet