Wellington can climb into second spot on the A-League ladder if they can overcome Adelaide United on Saturday.
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Phoenix aiming for back-to-back wins over Adelaide for the first time since 2015…
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United Tips
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Saturday July 25
⏰ Time: 5.00pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 22/7/20: Perth 1-2 Wellington
- 17/7/20: Sydney 3-1 Wellington
- 15/3/20: Wellington 3-0 Victory
- 8/3/20: Central Coast 1-3 Wellington
- 21/2/20: Wellington 2-0 Western United
- 19/7/20: Brisbane 0-1 Adelaide
- 15/3/20: Adelaide 0-3 Newcastle
- 7/3/20: Adelaide 1-5 Western United
- 29/2/20: Victory 2-1 Adelaide
- 21/2/20: Wanderers 5-2 Adelaide
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United Head to Head (last five matches)
Adelaide are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 meetings, but Wellington prevailed in their most recent clash earlier this season.
- 1/12/19: Adelaide 1-2 Wellington
- 7/4/19: Adelaide 3-1 Wellington
- 5/1/19: Adelaide 0-0 Wellington
- 24/11/18: Wellington 1-3 Adelaide
- 30/3/18: Adelaide 3-1 Wellington
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United Preview and Prediction
Phoenix have continued from where they left off before the lockdown in March, producing two impressive performances against Sydney and Perth heading into this clash on Saturday at Bankwest.
While they didn’t come away with the win against Sydney, Wellington troubled the reigning premiers and were unlucky to conceded two goals in the closing stages to go down.
Unperturbed, Phoenix returned to action a few days later to upset Perth, with Gary Hooper and Ulises Davila combining to get on the scoresheet and hand the Kiwi club a 2-1 win.
Davila has been the main man for Wellington’s sensational season, with the Mexican playmaker scoring 12 goals, while Hooper has been a very solid acquisition, finding the net on seven occasions.
Arguably second-favourites to claim a debut premiership behind Sydney FC this season, Wellington can leapfrog Melbourne City into second spot if they claim all three points on Saturday.
Meanwhile, this is an extremely significant game for Adelaide after the Reds returned to action with a 1-0 upset win over Brisbane last weekend.
That victory lifted Adelaide into sixth spot on the ladder and equally as importantly, snapped a four-match losing run from before the lockdown.
The Reds have played two more games than seventh-placed Western United, so they must keep winning in order to maintain some scoreboard pressure.
However, I think they will find the going tough against Wellington. Phoenix are in excellent form and have continued their free-flowing attacking football. They should have too much firepower for the Reds in this one.
Wellington Phoenix vs Adelaide United Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Phoenix vs Adelaide Stats
- Adelaide are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 games vs Wellington
- Wellington won their last meeting 2-1 in December
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in four of the last five games involving each team this season
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in four of the last five encounters between these teams
- Phoenix have won five of their last six matches
- Adelaide have lost four of their last five matches
Phoenix vs Adelaide Best Bet