It’s the last game of the 2019/29 A-League season for both the Wanderers and Victory as the two teams square off on Wednesday night.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne Victory A-League tips, predictions and preview – Victory have won five of the last six games between the teams…
Wanderers vs Victory Tips
Wanderers vs Victory Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Wednesday August 12
⏰ Time: 8.10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Wanderers vs Victory 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 21/3/20: Wanderers 1-1 Sydney
- 27/7/20: Mariners 1-1 Wanderers
- 31/7/20: Wanderers 1-0 Wellington
- 4/8/20: Wanderers 1-3 Perth
- 7/8/20: Western United 5-3 Wanderers
- 15/3/20: Phoenix 3-0 Victory
- 25/7/20: Victory 1-2 Western United
- 29/7/20: Victory 1-2 Brisbane
- 3/8/20: Victory 2-3 Mariners
- 8/8/20: Perth 0-4 Victory
Wanderers vs Victory Head to Head (last five matches)
Victory have won five of their last six, but Wanderers prevailed in their most recent clash.
- 18/10/19: Victory 1-2 Wanderers
- 27/4/19: Wanderers 0-1 Victory
- 5/1/19: Wanderers 1-2 Victory
- 1/12/18: Victory 4-0 Wanderers
- 31/3/18: Victory 3-1 Wanderers
Wanderers vs Victory Preview and Prediction
Disappointing campaigns will come to an end for both the Wanderers and Victory on Wednesday night at Bankwest Stadium.
It’s been a nightmare season for traditional heavyweights Victory, who will finish in second-last spot on the ladder, ahead of only the embattled Mariners.
However, Victory might be about to end the season in positive fashion after they snapped a four-match losing streak in style in their last match, demolishing Perth by a 4-0 scoreline on Saturday night.
Marco Rojas scored a double, while Andrew Nabbout fired home from the penalty spot in what was one of Victory’s best performances of the season.
Unfortunately it’s come far too late, but Victory will be determined to end their season on a winning note – and if they can reproduce that form, they will be hard to stop.
Western Sydney had a chance to quality for the finals when the A-League resumed last month, but two straight defeats to Perth and the Wanderers has dented those hopes.
The Wanderers conceded eight goals in those two aforementioned defeats and can’t finish higher than eighth on the table.
It’s a dead rubber, but Victory are the team who come into this on the back of a win and goals, so coupled with their recent dominance in this fixture, we’re going to back them home again on Wednesday night.
Wanderers vs Victory Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Western Sydney vs Victory Stats
- Victory have won five of their last six A-League meetings
- Wanderers prevailed in their most recent showdown
- Wanderers have conceded eight goals in their last two matches
- Victory kept a clean sheet for the first time in 12 A-League matches in their last match
Western Sydney vs Victory Best Bet