Wellington look to cement their top two status and continue their recent dominance over the Wanderers when the two sides clash in the A-League on Friday night.
Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix free A-League tips, predictions and preview – Phoenix have won the last four games between the teams…
Wanderers vs Phoenix Tips
Wanderers vs Phoenix Match Details
?? Competition: A-League
? Date: Friday July 31
⏰ Time: 7.30pm AEST
? Stadium: Bankwest Stadium
Wanderers vs Phoenix 2020 Form (last five matches)
- 28/2/20: Sydney 0-1 Wanderers
- 6/3/20: Brisbane 3-1 Wanderers
- 14/3/20: City 1-1 Wanderers
- 21/3/20: Wanderers 1-1 Sydney
- 27/7/20: Mariners 1-1 Wanderers
- 8/3/20: Mariners 1-3 Phoenix
- 15/3/20: Phoenix 3-0 Victory
- 17/7/20: Sydney 3-1 Phoenix
- 22/7/20: Perth 1-2 Phoenix
- 25/7/20: Phoenix 1-1 Adelaide
Wanderers vs Phoenix Head to Head (last five matches)
Wellington have won the last four encounters.
- 11/1/20: Phoenix 2-0 Wanderers
- 7/2/19: Phoenix 2-1 Wanderers
- 17/3/19: Phoenix 3-1 Wanderers
- 8/1/19: Wanderers 2-3 Phoenix
- 3/11/18: Phoenix 0-3 Wanderers
Wanderers vs Phoenix Preview and Prediction
It’s a must-win game for the Wanderers as the race for a finals spot heats up, but they are up against one of the form teams in the A-League on Friday night, with Wellington serious contenders to win their maiden premiership.
Western Sydney have only played one game since the competition restart, but they weren’t impressive, drawing 1-1 with the last-placed Mariners as Simon Cox came off the bench to equalise in the 88th minute.
It was a rather fortuitous point for the Wanderers and that performance doesn’t give me much confidence in their ability to take down Phoenix.
But if they want to feature in the finals, the Wanderers will have to find a way to emerge triumphant – they are currently in ninth spot and four points behind sixth-placed Adelaide with a game in hand.
Wellington meanwhile will be playing their third game since the restart after falling to Sydney FC, beating Perth and drawing with Adelaide.
Phoenix were unlucky to lose against Sydney, conceding two goals in the last two minutes, while they were excellent against Perth before Ulises Davila missed a late penalty in the draw with Adelaide.
Wellington have been fantastic all season and have continued to impress in their last three games. They’ve won their last four games against the Wanderers and are great value to make it five in this one.
Wanderers vs Phoenix Teams
Check back here later when the teams are announced.
Wanderers vs Wellington Stats
- Phoenix have won the last four meetings between the teams
- Phoenix were winless vs Wanderers in the eight games before those
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in six of their last seven matches
- Both teams to score has hit in four of their last six matches
Wanderers vs Wellington Best Bet