Expert EPL tips, predictions, previews and best bets.
Everton and Aston Villa look to maintain their surprising undefeated starts to the season with games against Southampton and Leeds respectively, while Manchester United and Chelsea collide in a mouth-watering showdown on Saturday – read on below as we preview every EPL Week 6 match, along with providing our best bets and tips.
EPL Week 6 Tips ⚽️
Aston Villa vs Leeds United EPL Week 6 Tips
Saturday October 24 | Villa Park | 6.00am AEDT
The first EPL match between these sides since 2004 sees Aston Villa looking to make it five wins from five in what has been an unprecedented start to a Premier League season for the club, while Leeds are looking to bounce back from a lacklustre 1-0 loss to Wolves in their last outing.
- Villa are aiming to win their first five games of a league season in their history
- Villa haven’t won five consecutive games in the EPL since 1998
- Leeds are unbeaten in five of their last six games vs Villa
- Ross Barkley has scored a goal in his last two EPL matches
- Villa has won the first half in three of their last four home EPL matches
West Ham vs Manchester City EPL Week 6 Tips
Saturday October 24 | Olympic Stadium | 10.30pm AEDT
West Ham have been underwhelming for years now, but they are in a purple patch at the moment, crushing Leicester and Wolves before recording a miraculous comeback to draw 3-3 with Tottenham after trailing 3-0 with 12 minutes remaining – can they now do the unthinkable once again and post their first win over Man City since 2015?
- City have won the last nine meetings between the teams
- City have won those games by a combined scoreline of 30-3
- City have scored 22 goals in their last five matches at London Stadium
- Over 3.5 goals has hit in the last five games between the teams at London Stadium
- This is the first time West Ham are starting an EPL match above City on the ladder since 2009
- West Ham have scored 10 goals in their last three EPL games
Fulham vs Crystal Palace EPL Week 6 Tips
Sunday October 25 | Craven Cottage | 1.00am AEDT
Both teams coming off 1-1 draws from Week 5. Fulham still searching for their first win of the season and are anchored to the bottom of the ladder, while Palace will be hoping to secure all three points and haul themselves into the top half of the table.
- Palace aiming to win three straight league matches vs Fulham for the first time since 1930
- Fulham have scored multiple goals in just one of their five EPL games this season
- Fulham have lost their last 11 London derby matches in the top flight
- Fulham have lost their last three home EPL matches, scoring no goals and conceding 10
- Palace have lost five of their last six EPL away matches
Manchester United vs Chelsea
Sunday October 25 | Old Trafford | 3.30am AEDT
Man Utd searching for their first home win of the EPL season, but they did bounce back strongly from their embarrassing 6-1 loss to Tottenham, cruising past Newcastle 4-1 before upsetting PSG in Paris during the Champions League mid-week. Chelsea meanwhile let slip of a two-goal lead at home to draw 3-3 with Southampton – and all three goals were due to their own defensive mistakes.
- United looking to win three straight top flight games vs Chelsea since 1965
- Chelsea are winless in their last seven away games vs United
- United haven’t lost their first three games at home in the top flight since 1930-31
- United have conceded 12 goals in four EPL games this season
- Chelsea have drawn 3-3 in two of their last three matches
- Over 2.5 goals has hit in Chelsea’s last nine EPL away matches
Liverpool vs Sheffield United
Sunday October 25 | Anfield | 6.00am AEDT
It’s been a rough start for Liverpool and their title defence, suffering a humiliating 7-2 loss to Aston Villa, losing Virgil Van Dijk to a season-ending injury and drawing 2-2 with Everton in the Merseyside derby – but they should be able to bounce back against a Sheffield side that has picked up just one point all season, especially after accounting for Ajax in Amsterdam mid-week in the Champions League.
- Liverpool have won their last three EPL games vs Sheffield without conceding a goal
- Sheffield’s last top flight win at Anfield came back in 1994
- No side has conceded more goals than Liverpool in the last 12 EPL games (25)
- Liverpool haven’t failed to win three straight EPL games since May 2018
- Sheffield are the only side in the EPL not to be ahead in any game so far this season
Southampton vs Everton
Monday October 26 | St Mary’s Stadium | 1.00am AEDT
Everton remain top of the table following last week’s thrilling and controversial 2-2 draw with Liverpool and they will be hoping to extend their unbeaten start to the season against Southampton, who come into this fixture on the back of a superb 3-3 comeback draw away to Chelsea.
- Southampton have won five of their last seven EPL home games vs Everton
- Southampton have lost just two of their last 12 EPL matches
- Everton aiming to win four straight away EPL games for the first time since 1985
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored in all five EPL matches this season
- Danny Ings has been the last goalscorer in three of his last four matches at St Mary’s
Wolves vs Newcastle United
Monday October 26 | Molineux Stadium | 3.30am AEDT
Wolves head into this clash on the back of consecutive 1-0 wins over promoted sides Leeds and Fulham, while Newcastle haven’t won in four matches since their opening day triumph over West Ham – although they appear at solid value at double chance odds here considering the last three matches between these sides have ended in a draw.
- The last three EPL games between these teams have resulted in a 1-1 draw
- Four of their last five EPL meetings have ended in a draw
- Under 2.5 goals has hit in 16 of Wolves’ last 19 EPL matches as favourite
- Callum Wilson has been the last goalscorer in two of his last three matches
- Newcastle are unbeaten in their last six away league games vs Wolves
- Wolves’ last eight wins in the EPL have all been to nil
Arsenal vs Leicester City
Monday October 26 | Emirates Stadium | 6.15am AEDT
Both teams hoping to bounce back from respective 1-0 defeats last week. Arsenal have been tremendous at home in the EPL in recent outings, winning eight of their last nine at the Emirates – and they will be confident of extending their incredible 47-year unbeaten run at home against Leicester, who conceded late to lose against Villa in Week 5.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 27 home games vs Leicester since 1973
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 11 home games in the EPL, winning nine
- Arsenal haven’t lost any of their 32 home games in October in the EPL dating back to 2002
- Only Villa have conceded less goals in the EPL this season than Arsenal
- Jamie Vardy has scored 10 goals in 10 starts vs Arsenal
- Alexandre Lacazette has been the first goalscorer in three of his last four matches
Brighton vs West Brom
Tuesday October 27 | Amex Stadium | 4.30am AEDT
Brighton and West Brom just above the relegation zone heading into this clash at 16th and 17th respectively. Both teams, needless to say, could really use a win – West Brom are still searching for their first three points of the season, while Brighton are winless in 10 of their last 11 league games dating back to June.
- Brighton have won just one of their last 10 games vs West Brom
- Brighton have won just one of their 11 EPL games since June
- Charlie Austin has scored seven goals in 10 games vs Brighton
- West Brom have won just one of their 13 EPL games played on a Monday
Burnley vs Tottenham
Tuesday October 27 | Turf Moor | 7.00am AEDT
Tottenham are in potent goalscoring form heading into this game and will be confident of extending that form against Burnley, who they have beaten in seven of their last 12 games in all competitions.
- Spurs have won both of their away EPL games this season, scoring 11 goals in the process
- Burnley have won just two of their 12 EPL games vs Spurs
- Spurs are unbeaten in 10 of their last 11 EPL games played on a Monday
- Spurs have kept just two clean sheets in their last 28 EPL away games
- Harry Kane has been involved in eight goals in his last four EPL games vs Burnley