Southampton will be searching for their first Premier League win in seven matches when they battle it out against newcomers Brentford.
Southampton vs Brentford Prediction, Tips & Preview
Southampton vs Brentford free EPL prediction, tips and preview – The last time these sides met in a league match was in 2011 in the third tier of English football.
Southampton vs Brentford H2H Prediction
Southampton vs Brentford Tips
BEST BET 🏆
NEXT BEST 🥈
Southampton vs Brentford Correct Score Tips
VALUE BET 💰
Southampton vs Brentford Same Game Multi Tips
SAME GAME MULTI 🤑
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- $14.04 Bet with Ladbrokes
- The under market has hit in four of the previous five meetings
- Both teams scored two goals in their last match
- Armando Broja has kicked six goals from 20 shots this season
Southampton vs Brentford Match Details
🏴 Competition: EPL
🗓 Date: Sunday December 19
⏰ Time: 2:00am (AEST)
🏟 Stadium: St. Mary’s Stadium
Southampton vs Brentford Head to Head (last five matches)
- 16/09/20: Southampton 0-2 Brentford
- 30/04/11: Brentford 0-3 Southampton
- 11/12/10: Southampton 0-2 Brentford
- 26/01/10: Brentford 1-1 Southampton
- 22/08/09: Southampton 1-1 Brentford
Southampton vs Brentford Preview & Prediction
Southampton’s 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace last time out meant it was their seventh consecutive match without a win. However, they played quite well, with sloppy defending, and complacency probably cost them the three points.
Two wonder strikes from James Ward-Prowse’s free-kick and Armando Broja’s pounce from just outside the box gave them a lead heading into the main break. Their youthful energy creates a sense of unpredictability in matches like these and is different to Saints sides we’ve seen in the past.
The Saints are a team that like keeping hold of possession, so you can expect the majority of chances from both sides being from set-pieces. It should be an intriguing watch as the sides meet for the first time in a league match since 2011 in League One.
Southampton just can’t quite seem to get that winning feeling at home often enough, drawing five of their eight home matches this season. They need to get points in matches like these if they are to avoid relegation in another season.
Meanwhile, Brentford returned to winning ways in a one-goal triumph against relegation candidate Watford. A win against the Saints could push them into a top half position by the end of this matchday as we approach the halfway mark of the 2021/22 season.
They looked destined to lose that tie, but two goals in the last 10 minutes by Pontus Jansson and Bryan Mbeumo held his nerve from the penalty spot with the final kick off the game.
Considering the amount of draws that these two sides have had this season, I believe it’s highly likely that you will see that again at St Mary’s Stadium on Sunday.
Both teams scored two goals in their last match. (Best BTTS (Yes) odds: $1.75 with bet365).
Southampton vs Brentford Stats
- Southampton have drawn five of their eight home matches this season
- Southampton are winless in seven matches
- Brentford have drawn 50% of their away matches this season
- The last time these sides met in a league match was in 2011