RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg free tips, predictions and preview - can the hosts keep pace with Bayern and Dortmund at the top of the Bundesliga?
It’s crunch-time for RB Leipzig as they attempt to keep their title aspirations alive against SC Freiburg as the German Bundesliga returns this weekend.
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Tips
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Match Information
?? Competition: Bundesliga
? Date: Saturday May 16
⏰ Time: 11.30pm AEST (3.30pm local)
? Stadium: Red Bull Arena
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Live Stream
Bundesliga Football: How to live stream with bet365
- Visit the bet365 website
- Sign into your account or register for a new one
- Select live streaming on the right-hand menu
- Choose Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke
- Enjoy Bundesliga live streaming and in-play betting
Leipzig vs Freiburg Live StreamingWatch & Bet Now! New Customers only. 18+. T&C’s Apply. begambleaware.org.
Under Australian law, we are required to inform you that Live Streaming on bet365 is exempt from Parts 3 and 4 of the Broadcasting Services (Online Content Service Provider Rules) 2018.
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Form (last five matches)
RB Leipzig (WWDDW)
- February 20: Tottenham 0-1 Leipzig
- February 23: Schalke 0-5 Leipzig
- March 2: Leipzig 1-1 Leverkusen
- March 8: Wolfsburg 0-0 Leipzig
- March 11: Leipzig 3-0 Tottenham
SC Freiburg (WDLLW)
- February 9: Freiburg 1-0 Hoffenheim
- February 16: Augsburg 1-1 Freiburg
- February 23: Freiburg 0-2 Dusseldorf
- March 1: Dortmund 1-0 Freiburg
- March 8: Freiburg 3-1 Union Berlin
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Head to Head (last five meetings)
- 27/8/17: Leipzig 4-1 Freiburg
- 21/1/18: Freiburg 2-1 Leipzig
- 9/12/18: Freiburg 3-0 Leipzig
- 27/4/19: Leipzig 2-1 Freiburg
- 27/10/19: Freiburg 2-1 Leipzig
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Tips, Preview and Prediction
Both of these teams are experiencing great seasons in relative terms, but each probably would have welcomed a break after showing signs of fatigue before the Bundesliga was temporarily suspended.
Leipzig, who were flying high at the top of the table for much of the campaign, have slipped to third and five points behind leaders Bayern after dropping points in five of their last seven Bundesliga fixtures.
However, in saying that, Leipzig were sensational in the Champions League, hammering Tottenham 4-0 on aggregate to sail into the quarter-finals.
Timo Werner has been on fire throughout the season, scoring a total of 21 Bundesliga goals – which is second to only Bayern star Robert Lewandowski, while Christopher Nkunku has been Leipzig’s main creator, assisting 12 times to be the third best in the competition.
Freiburg started the season in superb fashion and occupied a Champions League spot in the top four for most of it, but they’ve somewhat expectedly stumbled over the last few months and find themselves one point outside the European spots in seventh coming into this encounter.
With just two Bundesliga wins from their last seven matches and having failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 away games (winning just one), it’s safe to say Freiberg face a steep uphill battle to pull off the upset here.
With the home team winning the last six fixtures between these two sides, expect Leipzig to come out on top in a high-scoring affair.
RB Leipzig vs SC Freiburg Stats
- Leipzig have won six of their last eight Bundesliga home games
- Leipzig have scored over 2.5 goals in all of those victories
- Freiburg haven’t won consecutive Bundesliga games since Matchday Two
- Freiburg have won just one of their last 10 away games
- Freiburg haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of those fixtures
- The home team have won the last six meetings between these teams
- Ten of Freiburg’s last 14 goals have come from set-pieces and penalties