Sevilla and Inter Milan battle it out for the right to be crowned 2019/20 Europa League champions in a blockbuster final showdown on Friday night (Saturday morning AEST).
Sevilla vs Inter Milan Europa League tips, predictions and preview – Inter are gunning for their first competitive trophy in a decade, while Sevilla are aiming for a record sixth Europa League title.
Sevilla (🇪🇸) vs Inter (🇮🇹) Tips
Sevilla vs Inter Match Details
🇪🇺 Competition: Europa League
🗓 Date: Saturday August 22 (AEST)
⏰ Time: 5.00am AEST
🏟 Stadium: RheinEnergieStadion
Sevilla vs Inter Form (road to the final from knockout stages)
- R32:CFR Cluj 1-1 Sevilla (1st Leg)
- R32: Sevilla 0-0 CFR Cluj (2nd Leg)
- R16: Sevilla 2-1 Roma
- QF: Sevilla 1-0 Wolves
- SF: Sevilla 2-1 Man Utd
- R32: Ludogorets 0-2 Inter (1st Leg)
- R32: Inter 2-1 Ludogorets (2nd Leg)
- R16: Inter 2-0 Getafe
- QF: Inter 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen
- SF: Inter 5-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Sevilla vs Inter Head to Head (last five matches)
This will be the first competitive European fixture between the teams.
Read on below for our Sevilla vs Inter tips and preview.
Sevilla vs Inter Preview and Prediction
It all comes down to this as Spanish heavyweights Sevilla square off against Italian giants Inter for the 2019/20 Europa League crown.
Sevilla are hoping to secure a record sixth Europa League title and with the best defence out of Europe’s top five league’s since the restart, they will be confident of shutting up shop and carving out another victory.
Indeed, Sevilla have registered a clean sheet in nine of their 13 competitive games since returning to action.
However, they haven’t been entirely convincing on their way to the final, scraping past Cluj on away goals in the Round of 32 and then posting single-goal victories over Roma and EPL teams Wolves and Man Utd.
Brick-wall defence has been their foundation, but will that be enough to keep out a free-scoring Inter side who come into this showdown on the back of a thumping 5-0 victory over Shakhtar?
The attacking duo of Romelu Lukaku and Lautaro Martinez has been on fire, with the pair almost single-handedly knocking out Shakhtar in the semi-finals.
Both players bagged a brace, with Lukaku now scoring in a record 10 straight Europa League games, while he’s also netted 33 times in all competitions for Inter.
Inter’s defence has also been impressive, with the Italians conceding just one goal in their last seven matches.
I think that’s what gives Inter the edge in the final – they can defend strongly, but also have immense firepower in the final third, led by the aforementioned Lukaku and Martinez.
If Inter can grab a first half goal, the floodgates might open when Sevilla have to go for it. Inter to win and both teams to score is my bet here.
Sevilla vs Inter Teams
See below for possible starting line-ups.
- Sevilla: Bono; Navas, Kounde, Carlos, Reguilon; Fernando, Jordan, Banega; Suso, Ocampos, En-Nesyri
- Inter Milan: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Bastoni; D’Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; Lukaku, Martinez.
Sevilla vs Inter Stats
- This is the first competitive fixture between the teams
- Sevilla has the best defence in Europe’s top five leagues since the restart
- Sevilla have kept a clean sheet in nine of their last 13 competitive games
- Inter have only conceded one goal in their last seven games
- Lukaku has scored a goal in his last 10 Europa League games
- Inter has scored more goals from headers (25) than any other team in Europe’s top five leagues
Sevilla vs Inter Best Bet