St Kilda face a tough task on Saturday when they face a formidable Tigers team who are desperate to get the four points.
St Kilda Saints vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – St Kilda have never made the finals after starting the season 1-3.
St Kilda vs Richmond Tips
St Kilda vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday June 27
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
St Kilda vs Richmond 2020 Form
St Kilda (LWL)
- R1: North Melbourne 56-54 St Kilda
- R2: St Kilda 88-49 Western Bulldogs
- R3: Collingwood 81-37 St Kilda
- R1: Richmond 105-81 Carlton
- R2: Collingwood 36-36 Richmond
- R3: Richmond 39-71 Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
Richmond have won four of the last five against the Saints.
- R15 2019: St Kilda 70-103 Richmond
- R18 2018: St Kilda 57-111 Richmond
- R10 2018: Richmond 105-77 St Kilda
- R23 2017: Richmond 122-81 St Kilda
- R16 2017: St Kilda 138-71 Richmond
St Kilda vs Richmond Preview and Prediction
Both sides will be eager to return to the winner’s list on Saturday after two discouraging losses at the hands of Hawthorn and Collingwood respectively.
The Saints were `dominated throughout their Round 3 clash with Collingwood, if they are to defeat the Tigers they must get on top of the centre clearances after only managing a mere four against the Magpies.
The Saints only managed to kick one goal in the entire second half.
Former Tiger Dan Butler was the best for the Saints, he impressed with two goals, 16 disposals and six score involvements.
For the second week in a row, the Tigers have failed to score over 40 points, worrying signs for Damien Hardwick.
The reigning premiers have lacked tackling pressure since the restart of the season only managing to make nine tackles in the first half against the Hawks, although the Hawks had the majority of the possession.
Jayden Short was influential for the Tigers on a disappointing Thursday night, he finished the match with 18 disposals and six intercepts.
Although Richmond has struggled to hit the scoreboard recently, I think they’ll still get the win on Saturday afternoon.
St Kilda vs Richmond Team News
The Saints name one change from the side that lost to Collingwood last week, with Josh Battle coming in for Nick Hind.
Richmond name four changes with superstar Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Liam Baker and Toby Nankervis all coming into the side. Daniel Rioli, Ivan Soldo, Jack Graham and Marlion Pickett have all been omitted.
These sides last met in Round 15 last year which saw the Tigers convincingly beat the Saints by 33 points.
Saints vs Tigers Stats
- Richmond have won four of the last five against the Saints.
- At least one player has scored 4+ goals in the last five matches between the two sides
- St Kilda have only won two of the past 12 against the Tigers
- Richmond have scored over 100 points in the last four matches against St Kilda
- Richmond have failed to kick a goal in the opening quarter in the last two matches
- St Kilda have never made finals after starting the season 1-3
Saints vs Tigers Best Bet