The Swans and Dogs kick off Round 4 on an intriguing Thursday night after both sides had impressive wins on the weekend.
Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Dogs haven’t had any player kick multiple goals in a game this season.
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Tips
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Thursday June 25
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: SCG
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs 2020 Form
- R1: Adelaide 71-74 Sydney
- R2: Sydney 73-79 Essendon
- R3: North Melbourne 60-71 Sydney
Western Bulldogs (LLW)
- R1: Western Bulldogs 34-86 Collingwood
- R2: St Kilda 88-49 Western Bulldogs
- R3: Western Bulldogs 57-33 GWS
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
The Dogs have won three of the last five against the Swans including the 2016 Grand Final.
- R1 2019: Western Bulldogs 82-65 Sydney
- R4 2018: Western Bulldogs 79-86 Sydney
- R12 2017: Sydney 88-42 Western Bulldogs
- R2 2017: Western Bulldogs 110-87 Sydney
- GF 2016: Sydney 67-89 Western Bulldogs
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Preview and Prediction
After both teams were triumphant in Round 3 getting the four points, they will be looking to get another win on the board in an action-packed Thursday night game.
Sydney come off an impressive victory against the high-flying Roos and led by as much as 33 points in the third quarter. The Swans have been consistent all year despite having lost their main asset up forward, Lance Franklin.
Sydney captain Josh Kennedy was a handful for the Kangaroos winning the ball out of the middle, he finished the match with 22 disposals, six tackles and 12 contested possessions.
Meanwhile, the Western Bulldogs picked up their first win of the season in a fiery contest against last year’s grand finalists GWS.
The Dogs despite losing the midfield battle, had 15 more inside 50’s and four more scoring shots. If they are to beat the Swans, they will have to kick a defendable score, something they’ve struggled with this season.
Jack Macrae was back to his usual best finishing with 25 disposals, seven tackles and five score involvements.
Sydney is a hard team to play against at the SCG and I believe this home ground advantage, coupled with an elite midfield, will see them get over the line against the Dogs in a close one.
Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Team News
Swans forward Tom McCartin will not feature on Thursday night after his head knock against the Kangaroos. Sam Naismith could return for the Swans after his hamstring injury.
Josh Dunkley will miss at least six weeks with an ankle problem. Ben Cavarra will most likely feature next week along with former captain Easton Wood.
Sydney Swans captain Josh Kennedy will play his 250th game on Thursday.
These sides last met in Round 1 last season which saw the Dogs beat the Swans by 17 points.
Swans vs Dogs Stats
- The Bulldogs have the worst clearances per game in the league
- Both teams have scored over 80 points in the same match once in the last seven matches
- The Dogs have failed to have any player kick multiple goals in a match this season
- The Swans have kicked between 70 and 80 points every game this season
- Sydney rank third in tackles this season
- The Dogs sit 2nd last in goals this season behind Melbourne who has played one less game whereas the Swans sit 3rd
Swans vs Dogs Best Bet