Daniil Medvedvev and Ashleigh Barty are favourites for the 2022 Australian Open.
Australian Open Odds 2022 – Daniil Medvedev is the favourite to win his first Australian Open after Novak Djokovic was sensationally deported on the eve of the tournament, while Ash Barty returns to Rod Laver Arena in search of her maiden Aussie Open crown.
Aus Open Odds 2022
Australian Open Winner Odds: Top Betting Favourites
- Daniil Medvedev: Best Odds $3.50 with TAB
- Alexander Zverev: Best Odds $5.00 with TAB
- Rafael Nadal: Best Odds $12 with TAB
- Stefanos Tsitsipas: Best Odds $31 with TAB
- Jannik Sinner: Best Odds $34 with TAB
- Felix Auger-Aliassime: Best Odds with bet365
- Andrey Rublev: Best Odds $67 with TAB
- Carlos Alcaraz: Best Odds $67 with TAB
- Matteo Berrettini: Best Odds $67 with TAB
- Ash Barty: Best Odds $3.75 with bet365
- Naomi Osaka: Best Odds $6.50 with bet365
- Garbine Muguruza: Best Odds $13 with Sportsbet
- Simona Halep: Best Odds $15 with TAB
- Anett Kontaveit: Best Odds $17 with Ladbrokes
- Iga Swiatek: Best Odds $18 with TAB
- Elena Rybakina: Best Odds $18 with TAB
- Paula Badosa: Best Odds $21 with Ladbrokes
- Aryna Sabalenka: Best Odds $26 with TAB
- Maria Sakkari: Best Odds $34 with TAB
AO Winner Odds 2022
NOTE: This was written before Djokovic was deported on Sunday January 16.
Djokovic is the three-time defending champion at the Australian Open, but more importantly, he has the opportunity to leapfrog Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer and capture 21 Grand Slam titles – which of course would be the most out of any man in history.
Federer has withdrawn from the Australian Open due to ongoing knee problems, while Nadal has only ever triumphed once at Melbourne Park – and that was more than a decade ago.
Daniil Medvedev looms as the biggest threat to Djokovic’s tilt at history, with the Russian famously conquering the World No. 1 in straight sets at the US Open.
Medvedev will also be determined to avenge his straight sets loss to Djokovic in the 2021 Australian Open final.
Alexander Zverev is also in the mix for the title after the German ended the year on the highest of highs with the ATP Finals crown, defeating Djokovic and Medvedev back-to-back.
Fellow top 10 stars Stefanos Tsitsipas, Andrey Rublev and Jannik Sinner are also in the conversation, while Dominic Thiem will also be one to watch as the former Australian Open runner-up and US Open champion returns from injury.
Nick Kyrgios is rated the biggest Australian chance with the bookies despite barely playing over the last couple of years, ahead of Alex de Minaur.
Australian Open Men’s Odds 2022
Top 5 Contenders Odds Comparison 👇
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2022 ODDS (MEN)
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- MEDVEDEV $3.50 Bet with TAB
- MEDVEDEV $2.75 Bet with bet365
- MEDVEDEV $2.75 Bet with Ladbrokes
- MEDVEDEV $2.30 Bet with Sportsbet
- ZVEREV $5.00 Bet with TAB
- ZVEREV $4.00 Bet with bet365
- ZVEREV $3.40 Bet with Sportsbet
- ZVEREV $3.75 Bet with Ladbrokes
- NADAL $12 Bet with TAB
- NADAL $10 Bet with Sportsbet
- NADAL $9.00 Bet with Ladbrokes
- NADAL $9.00 Bet with bet365
- TSITSIPAS $31 Bet with TAB
- TSITSIPAS $23 Bet with Ladbrokes
- TSITSIPAS $17 Bet with Sportsbet
- TSITSIPAS $17 Bet with bet365
On the women’s side, Australia’s own Ash Barty will try to improve on her best ever finish of the semi-finals in Melbourne as she targets a third Grand Slam title.
Barty made the semi-finals of the 2020 Australian Open, but fell in the quarter-finals last year to Karolina Muchova. The World No. 1 had another fantastic season in 2021 as she picked up the Wimbledon title.
Naomi Osaka is the defending Australian Open champion, but the Japanese-Haitian player struggled off the court throughout 2021, pulling out of the French Open and Wimbledon, while she lost her composure during a third round US Open exit, which ultimately prompted her to end her season early.
Perhaps the best value surrounds Garbine Muguruza. The Spaniard has won the French Open and Wimbledon titles and was a runner-up at the Australian Open in 2020.
More importantly, Muguruza was the hottest player on tour to end 2021, winning the season-ending WTA Finals with a win over the on-fire Anett Kontaveit in the final.
Kontaveit is also one to watch after the Estonian finished 2021 with the equal-most wins out of any player on tour (48). Kontaveit also won 26 of her last 28 matches before the WTA Finals.
US Open champion Emma Raducanu’s odds of $10 seems very generous given she’s barely won tour-level matches outside of that dazzling New York run, while the likes of Aryna Sabalenka, Karolina Pliskova and former champion Simona Halep will also be in the mix.
Australian Open Women’s Odds 2022
Top 5 Contenders Odds Comparison 👇
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2022 ODDS (WOMEN)
- Bookmaker Odds Betting Tip
- BARTY $3.75 Bet with bet365
- BARTY $3.75 Bet with Ladbrokes
- BARTY $3.75 Bet with Sportsbet
- BARTY $3.50 Bet with TAB
- OSAKA $6.50 Bet with Ladbrokes
- OSAKA $6.50 Bet with bet365
- OSAKA $6.50 Bet with Sportsbet
- OSAKA $6.00 Bet with TAB
- MUGURUZA $13 Bet with Sportsbet
- MUGURUZA $13 Bet with Ladbrokes
- MUGURUZA $13 Bet with TAB
- MUGURUZA $11 Bet with bet365
- HALEP $15 Bet with Sportsbet
- HALEP $15 Bet with Ladbrokes
- HALEP $15 Bet with TAB
- HALEP $13 Bet with bet365
- KONTAVEIT $17 Bet with Ladbrokes
- KONTAVEIT $16 Bet with TAB
- KONTAVEIT $14 Bet with Sportsbet
- KONTAVEIT $13 Bet with bet365
🇦🇺 The Aussies 🇦🇺
Read on below for the best Australian Open betting odds for the leading Aussie contenders at Melbourne Park.
- Nick Kyrgios Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $201 with TAB
- Alex de Minaur Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $151 with TAB
- James Duckworth Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $251 with TAB
- Alexei Popyrin Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $251 with TAB
- John Millman Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $501 with TAB
- Bernard Tomic Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $501 with TAB
- Ash Barty Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $3.75 with bet365
- Ajla Tomljanovic Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $251 with Ladbrokes
- Astra Sharma Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $276 with Sportsbet
- Daria Saville Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $501 with TAB
- Sam Stosur Australian Open Odds: Best Odds $501 with TAB
How to bet on the Australian Open
It couldn’t be any easier to bet on the Australian Open.
All you need to do is register for a new account at any one of Australia’s leading bookmakers. You can see a list of the best Australian bookmakers to bet on tennis with below:
Simply enter your details, create your account and you will be able to deposit funds in order to bet on the Australian Open.
Once you’re all set up, navigate to the tennis section and you will see the Australian Open. You can bet on H2H matches for both men’s and women’s matches and Australian Open Futures Odds, such as the winner or quarter-finalists.
Australian Open Live Betting
You also have the option of live betting at the Australian Open.
This means you can bet on a match while it’s in progress. In Australia, you will need to call up the bookmaker in order to place a live bet. You can place live bets on games markets, set markets or a H2H market.
Live betting is beneficial as the odds for the winner can fluctuate significantly throughout a match. For example, if a player is two sets down, but you’ve been watching and think they can win in five, the odds will be much greater and the better value your winnings will be if they are successful.