Either Dominic Thiem or Alexander Zverev will win a maiden Grand Slam title when the pair square off for the US Open silverware on Sunday (Monday morning AEST).
Dominic Thiem vs Alexander Zverev US Open final tips, predictions, live stream and preview – a non ‘Big 3’ champion will be crowned at a major for the first time since 2014…
Thiem vs Zverev Tips
Thiem vs Zverev Match Details
? Date: Sunday September 13
⏰ Time: 4.00pm local time (6.00am AEST, Monday September 14)
? Stadium: Arthur Ashe
Thiem vs Zverev Live Stream
Online bookmaker bet365 is offering all eligible customers the chance to watch the US Open final between Thiem and Zverev. All you need is a funded account with bet365 or to have placed an online bet within 24 hours of the match, although you must note that geo restrictions may apply.
Read on below for information on how to watch and bet on the US Open final live on bet365.
US Open Final: How to live stream with bet365
- Visit the bet365 website
- Sign into your account or register for a new one
- Select live streaming on the right-hand menu
- Choose Thiem vs Zverev
- Enjoy Thiem vs Zverev live streaming and in-play betting
Under Australian law, we are required to inform you that Live Streaming on bet365 is exempt from Parts 3 and 4 of the Broadcasting Services (Online Content Service Provider Rules) 2018.
Thiem vs Zverev Head to Head
Thiem leads 7-2 and has won their previous three meetings.
- 2020 | Australian Open SF | Thiem 3-6 6-4 7-6(3) 7-6(4)
- 2019 | ATP World Tour Finals SF | Thiem 7-5 6-3
- 2018 | French Open QF | Thiem 6-4 6-2 6-1
- 2018 | Madrid Masters Final | Zverev 6-4 6-4
- 2017 | Rotterdam R32 | Thiem 3-6 6-3 6-4
- 2016 | Beijing R32 | Zverev 4-6 6-1 6-3
- 2016 | French Open R32 | Thiem 6-7(4) 6-3 6-3 6-3
- 2016 | Nice Final | Thiem 6-4 3-6 6-0
- 2016 | Munich SF | Thiem 4-6 6-2 6-3
Thiem vs Zverev: Road to the Final
- R1: def. Munar 7-6(6) 6-3 RET
- R2: def. Nagal 6-3 6-3 6-2
- R3: def. Cilic 6-2 6-2 3-6 6-3
- R4: def. Auger-Aliassime 6-1 6-2 6-4
- QF: def. De Minaur 6-1 6-2 6-4
- SF: def. Medvedev 6-2 7-6(7) 7-6(5)
- R1: def. Anderson 7-6(2) 5-7 6-3 7-5
- R2: def. Nakashima 7-5 6-7(8) 6-3 6-1
- R3: def. Mannarino 6-7(4) 6-4 6-2 6-2
- R4: def. Davidovich Fokina 6-2 6-2 6-1
- QF: def. Coric 1-6 7-6(5) 7-6(1) 6-3
- SF: def. Carreno Busta 3-6 2-6 6-3 6-4 6-3
Thiem vs Zverev Tips, Preview & Prediction
A first Grand Slam title awaits for either Thiem or Zverev when the two good friends face off for the 2020 US Open title.
Novak Djokovic’s shock default in the fourth round blew the men’s draw wide open, with Thiem and Zverev the two men with the opportunity to claim the silverware.
Thiem has been knocking on the door for a while. The Austrian has advanced to three Grand Slam finals, but has had the misfortune of running into Rafael Nadal twice at the French Open, while he also succumbed in five sets earlier this year to Djokovic at the Australian Open.
Having improved his hardcourt game considerably over the last couple of seasons, I think this is Thiem’s time to shine and seize his first major.
Despite losing his first match back in ‘Cincinnati’ to Filip Krajinovic, Thiem has raised his level with each match at the US Open and hasn’t lost a set in convincing R16, quarter-final and semi-final victories over Auger-Aliassime, De Minaur and Medvedev.
Zverev meanwhile has looked shaky throughout the tournament. The German has struggled at the slams throughout his young career, but he is starting to get mentally stronger in the crunch moments after making his maiden semi-final at the Australian Open in January, where he ended up losing to Thiem in four sets.
Zverev was stretched to four sets against Anderson, Nakashima, Mannarino and Coric before coming back from two sets down for the first time in his career against Carreno Busta in the semi-finals to secure his spot in the final.
While he certainly is mentally stronger, I can’t ignore the glaring weaknesses in Zverev’s game and will likely only be amplified in the pressure cooker environment of a Grand Slam final.
Zverev’s second serve is still extremely suspect and simply firing down first serves on the second delivery isn’t sustainable. Thiem will be all over it and has the experience of these situations.
Thiem’s one-handed backhand down the line against Zverev’s forehand is also an advantage for the Austrian in this match-up – as the 7-2 H2H lead suggests.
Thiem is the better player, is in superior form and hold a dominant advantage in the H2H – the Austrian enforcer should be coming away with his maiden major title on Sunday.
Thiem vs Zverev Stats
- Thiem leads their H2H 7-2
- Thiem has won their last three encounters
- Thiem prevailed in four sets in the 2020 Australian Open semi-finals
- Thiem has won all three of their Grand Slam meetings
- Zverev has only won one of their hardcourt clashes and that was in 2016
- Thiem hasn’t lost a set in his last three matches
- Zverev has dropped a set in five of his six matches this tournament
Thiem vs Zverev Best Bet