Preview the Jordan Thompson vs. Roman Safiullin match with Chengdu Open betting odds, match info and head-to-head-stats.
Jordan Thompson and Roman Safiullin are two steps away from the championship match as they square off in the quarterfinals of the Chengdu Open at Sichuan International Tennis Center on September 24.
Safiullin has the third-best odds to win this event at +500, while Thompson has the fifth-best odds at +800.
Thompson heads into the quarterfinals after his two-set win over Dusan Lajovic (6-1, 7-6) in the Round of 16 on Friday. Safiullin won in two sets the most recent time he was in action (on Friday), 6-3, 6-3 over Daniel Evans in the Round of 16.
How to live stream on Bet365
- Sign-up with Bet365
- Make sure you have funds in your account
- Head to the ‘In-Play’ section
- Select an event with a video live stream icon beside it
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au. What are you prepared to lose? Set a deposit limit.
Jordan Thompson vs. Roman Safiullin H2H History (Last 5 Years)
|Matches||Thompson wins||Safiullin wins||Last Match Winner||Last Match Score|
Jordan Thompson Recent Performance
- Thompson, who holds a 19-11 record in 13 tournaments on hard courts so far this year, has notched one tournament win on that surface.
- Thompson has played 12 matches in his past five tournaments across all court surfaces, and 22.6 games per match (23.8 in best-of-three matches).
- In his past five tournaments, Thompson has won 25.5% of his return games and 85.3% of his service games.
- Thompson has converted 36.2% of his break-point opportunities (21 of 58) in his past five tournaments.
- Thompson has played 24.5 games per match (23.4 in best-of-three matches) in 35 matches over his last 15 tournaments (across all court surfaces).
- Over his last 15 tournaments, Thompson has won 21.2% of his return games and 82.6% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Thompson has converted 66 of 183 break points (36.1%) over his last 15 tournaments.
Roman Safiullin Recent Performance
- Safiullin is 6-11 with no tournament victories on hard courts this year.
- Safiullin has played 31.4 games per match (25.3 in best-of-three matches) in 13 matches over his last five tournaments (across all court surfaces).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages over his last five tournaments, Safiullin has won 80.9% of his games on serve, and 25.6% on return.
- Over his last five tournaments, Safiullin has converted 42 of 94 (44.7%) break points on all surfaces.
- Safiullin has played 35 matches in his past 15 tournaments (across all court surfaces), and 25.5 games per match (22.8 in best-of-three matches).
- Safiullin has won 77.9% of his service games in his past 15 tournaments, and 23.6% of his return games.
- In his past 15 tournaments, Safiullin has converted 65 of 147 (44.2%) break points on all surfaces.
Chengdu Open Info
- Tournament: The Chengdu Open
- Round: Quarterfinals
- Date: Sunday, September 24
- Venue: Sichuan International Tennis Center
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Court Surface: Hard