Preview the Juan Pablo Varillas vs. Dominic Thiem match with The Astana Open betting odds, match info and head-to-head-stats.
The Round of 32 at The Astana Open is set for Thursday, with Dominic Thiem, the No. 81-ranked player, going up against Juan Pablo Varillas, the No. 67-ranked player.
Varillas is +5000 to win The Astana Open. Thiem is +1400 to finish on top.
In his most recent competition, Varillas was defeated by Grigor Dimitrov on September 23, 2023, 3-6, 4-6 in the Round of 16 of the Chengdu Open. Thiem was forced to retire the last time he competed, on August 30, 2023, going out 6-7, 0-1 to Ben Shelton in the Round of 64 of the US Open.
How to live stream on Bet365
- Sign-up with Bet365
- Make sure you have funds in your account
- Head to the ‘In-Play’ section
- Select an event with a video live stream icon beside it
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au. What are you prepared to lose? Set a deposit limit.
Juan Pablo Varillas vs. Dominic Thiem H2H History (Last 5 Years)
|Matches||Varillas wins||Thiem wins||Last Match Winner||Last Match Score|
Juan Pablo Varillas Recent Performance
- Varillas is 4-6 through five tournaments on hard courts so far this year.
- Varillas has played 23.1 games per match (20.6 in best-of-three matches) in nine matches during his past five tournaments (across all court surfaces).
- Varillas has won 26% of his return games in his past five tournaments, and 67.3% of his service games.
- Varillas has converted 38.5% of his break-point opportunities (25 of 65) in his past five tournaments.
- Varillas has played 25 matches over his last 15 tournaments across all court surfaces, and 24.9 games per match (20.8 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages over his last 15 tournaments, Varillas has won 71.2% of his games on serve, and 22.2% on return.
- Varillas has converted 59 of 153 break points (38.6%) over his last 15 tournaments.
Dominic Thiem Recent Performance
- In four hard-court tournaments this year, Thiem owns a match record of 1-4.
- In 12 matches over his last five tournaments across all court surfaces, Thiem has played an average of 26.8 games (25 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages over his last five tournaments, Thiem has won 85.7% of his games on serve, and 17.4% on return.
- Including all surfaces, Thiem has converted 34.8% of his break-point opportunities (23 of 66) over his last five tournaments.
- Thiem has played 28 matches in his past 15 tournaments (across all court types), and 24.8 games per match (22.9 in best-of-three matches).
- In his past 15 tournaments, Thiem has won 19.3% of his return games and 79.5% of his service games.
- Thiem has converted 61 of 165 break points (37.0%) in his past 15 tournaments.
The Astana Open Info
- Tournament: The Astana Open
- Round: Round of 32
- Date: Thursday, September 28
- Venue: National Tennis Center (Beeline Arena)
- Location: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Court Surface: Hard