Brisbane Roar are on a six-game winless run as they prepare to face Wellington Phoenix in A-League action on Sunday.
Brisbane vs Wellington Tips, Preview & Predictions
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix free A-League tips, predictions and preview – both teams have scored in five of the last six meetings between the teams…
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix Tips
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: A-League
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 5.05pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Dolphin Stadium
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix Head to Head (last five matches)
- 21/3/21: Wellington 1-1 Brisbane
- 5/8/20: Wellington 1-1 Brisbane
- 18/1/20: Brisbane 1-0 Wellington
- 23/11/19: Wellington 2-1 Brisbane
- 12/4/19: Brisbane 2-1 Wellington
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix Preview & Prediction
On the cusp of the top six and in great form, both Brisbane and Wellington will be determined to emerge triumphant on Saturday in Redcliffe.
After going on an eight-game winless run, Brisbane have surged to top form and come into this clash on the back of a three-match winning streak.
Making that run even more impressive is that all three wins have come away from home. Brisbane toppled Macarthur and the Wanderers by 2-1 scorelines before crushing the Mariners 4-0 in Gosford mid-week.
Joey Champness and Masato Kudo scored their maiden goals for the club, while defender Macaulay Gillesphey and substitute Alex Parsons also got onto the scoresheet.
That win lifted Brisbane into seventh spot on the ladder and one point off sixth, but crucially, they have three games in hand over Wellington in eighth and Macarthur in fifth.
Meanwhile, Phoenix’s current run has also been eye-catching, with the Kiwi club winning three of their last four matches.
Wellington prevailed in high-scoring victories over Western United (3-2) and Perth Glory (3-1) and also took out the in-form Adelaide United 2-1 at home.
Young striker Ben Waine has been a revelation, scoring four goals in his last four games.
It sets up what should be a cracking clash on Saturday. The last two meetings between the sides have been draws, but I think Brisbane can win this. They’re confident and back home with a spot in the top six up for grabs. The Roar can edge this and continue their charge up the ladder.
Brisbane Roar vs Wellington Phoenix Stats
- Both teams have scored in five of the last six games between the teams
- Brisbane have won their last three matches
- Brisbane have scored eight goals in that period
- Wellington have won three of their last four matches
- Wellington have also scored eight goals in that period
- Both teams have scored in eight of Wellington’s last nine matches
- Both teams have scored in six of Brisbane’s last eight matches