The Crows fell to a heartbreaking defeat against the Hawks last time out and will be keen to get back into the winner’s circle against the Giants, who have hit some form in the previous three weeks.
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Tips, Preview & Predictions
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants free AFL tips, predictions and preview – GWS’s last four matches at Adelaide Oval have gone UNDER the total points line.
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Tips
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Same Game Multi Tips
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 1
⏰ Time: 2:10pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Sydney 121-88 Adelaide
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 2: Fremantle 87-56 GWS
- RD 3: GWS 68-102 Melbourne
- RD 4: Collingwood 60-90 GWS
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Head to Head (last five matches)
- R16 2020: Crows 59-47 Giants
- R12 2019: Crows 82-61 Giants
- R21 2018: Giants 106-92 Crows
- R17 2018: Crows 81-97 Giants
- QF 2017: Crows 84-48 Giants
Adelaide Crows vs GWS Giants Preview
The Crows fell agonisingly close in a three-point heartbreak against the Hawks in Tasmania.
Adelaide had chances to kill the game off in the last term, but it could’ve been over earlier than that, after leading by as much as 32 points in the third quarter.
The midfield tussle is where the game is going to be won, and the Crows have the tools to get on top. Ben Keays, Rory Laird, Paul Seedsman and Reilly O’Brien have been exceptional so far this campaign and were amongst the best competitors against the Hawks.
Meanwhile, the Giants, despite losing by 39 points against the undefeated Bulldogs, showed some positive signs as they head into this clash on Saturday.
GWS played exceptional in the first three terms, but a disappointing last quarter collapse saw them drop from three points to 39 points. Toby Greene led the line as captain with 19 disposals and four impressive goals.
The Giants have improved over the previous three rounds, with two wins against Collingwood (30 points) and Sydney (two points). The Giants play well when they get their forward half pressure game going. However, so far, they are the worst team in the competition for tackles inside 50, so they will need to bring the heat on Saturday afternoon.
Taylor Walker and Jesse Hogan will be a match-up to keep an eye on, with two goalscoring big forwards on display.
Although the Crows have lost their previous two matches, I believe they’ll bounce back on home turf and get their fourth win of the season.
Crows vs Giants Team News
The Crows will need to make two changes with Will Hamill and Andrew McPherson suffering injuries against the Hawks, Josh Worrell is in good form in the SANFL and could be an inclusion.
Similarly, the Giants will also need to make two changes with Nick Haynes and Xavier O’Halloran suffering injuries against the Dogs. Jesse Hogan is set to make his debut for the club.
The two sides last met in Round 16 last season which saw the Crows win by two goals.
Crows vs Giants Stats
- GWS’s last four matches at Adelaide Oval have gone UNDER the total points line
- The away team has won GWS’s last four matches by a margin of 1-39
- Adelaide has failed to cover the line in 12 of its last 17 day matches at the Adelaide Oval
- Toby Greene kicked four goals against the Dogs
- Riley Thilthorpe kicked five goals on debut last week
Crows vs Giants Best Bet