The Tigers are hungry to get back in the winner’s circle after a loss against the undefeated Demon’s last week, they face another undefeated side, in the Western Bulldogs on a blockbuster Friday night at the G’.
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Tips, Preview & Predictions
Richmond Tigers vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home side has won four of the last five meetings.
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Tips
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Same Game Multi Tips
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday April 30
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 2: Hawthorn 49-78 Richmond
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: St Kilda 48-134 Richmond
- RD 6: Melbourne 82-48 Richmond
- RD 2: Western Bulldogs 100-93 West Coast
- RD 3: North Melbourne 39-167 Western Bulldogs
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
- R9 2020: Dogs 49-90 Tigers
- R7 2019: Tigers 99-52 Dogs
- R23 2018: Dogs 98-95 Tigers
- R7 2017: Dogs 80-75 Tigers
- R16 2016: Tigers 85-75 Dogs
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs Preview
The Tigers haven’t had the start to the season that they would’ve hoped for, with three wins from their first six games.
Richmond couldn’t help but fall to a 34-point defeat against the undefeated Demons. The loss wasn’t the only bad thing to come out of the game, with star Dustin Martin being ruled out of the Dogs clash with a concussion.
Damien Hardwick wouldn’t be pleased with his sides inability to win the ball. However, they are the second-best inside 50 team so far this season, with the Dogs in third.
The Tigers have the threat of two equally dangerous tall forwards, Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch, who have combined for 29 goals so far this season. Against a shorter Bulldogs defence, you can expect them to play on the counter and isolate those tall options.
Meanwhile, the Dogs have had their best start to a season for quite some time and will fancy themselves as premiership favourites.
Although the Western Bulldogs maintained their undefeated start to the season. Similarly, they didn’t get out of the match unscathed, with injuries to Lin Jong (hamstring), Tim English (concussion) and Josh Dunkley (shoulder).
It’s simply a must that the Bulldogs should win the midfield battle to win. They are the best clearance team in the competition, averaging 40 a game. Even without Dunkley, they will have the power to dominate the midfield against the 16th ranked clearance team in the competition.
Luke Beveridge has used the three talls down forward this season to great effect, it will be interesting to see if Josh Schache comes into the side as a replacement tall for English, or whether they change to the two talls of Aaron Naughton and Josh Bruce.
Although the Dogs will be missing some stars on Friday night, I believe they should be able to pile on the misery for the Tigers and start the season 7-0.
Tigers vs Dogs Team News
Richmond will be forced to make two changes with injuries to Kane Lambert and Dustin Martin against the Demons.
The Dogs will most likely make just the three changes for Friday night. Due to injuries to Lin Jong, Tim English and Josh Dunkley.
The two sides last met in Round 9 last season which saw the Tigers win by 41 points.
Tigers vs Dogs Stats
- The home side has won four of the last five meetings
- The Dogs are yet to lose a game this season
- No team has scored over 100 points in the previous seven meetings
- The Dogs are the best clearance team in the competition
- Richmond is the second-best clearance team in the competition
Tigers vs Dogs Best Bet